Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Question about Orbx Airports

At long last, and that without having to run Global Base as Orbx Product page advised----even though I did not purchase it----I managed to get Palm Springs to look as per the FTX screenshots for it. Score 1 with Palm Springs. Still at Score 0 for Monterey though. Looks like I may have to run that NA Gold Northern California for it.

Monterey does require   Northern California  region - each product will tell you if you need a region or not flightsim store will state it at purchase page

Rich Sennett

Negative this was the first airport where they did not require a region same goes for Sedona which I have my eye on after I get a working Hawker - Sedona to Palm Springs would be a nice flight

Monterey does require   Northern California  region - each product will tell you if you need a region or not flightsim store will state it at purchase page

Hi Rich, thanks for that. But I thought your earlier post stated 'Negative', which I took to mean that I did not need that NA Gold Northern California for Monterey to look as per the FTX Product page screenies?

Why is it, when trying to download a 3.5Gb files from FlightSimStore from a UK server, it takes forever to download, even though I've just done a test to confirm that I have a 50Mbps Broadband connection?

Hi Rich, thanks for that. But I thought your earlier post stated 'Negative', which I took to mean that I did not need that NA Gold Northern California for Monterey to look as per the FTX Product page screenies?

KMRY definitely requires NCA to be activated. The "holes" you're seeing are a result of KMRY being placed on top of the default (or Global) scenery.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I have run the latest OrbxLibs; I have updated with the latest Service Packs, yet take a look at these 2 screenshots at Monterey. It is clearly an Orbx airport as I have made comparisons with the FTX Product page, and yet, as circled, I see those chasms. I'm totally baffled

You have other files for this airport, somewhere? That is why you see the problems with the terrain.

Stock KMRY is at 257 feet elevation. Checking in the trike would bring the Shift-Z reading to 263.4'. Some other file is changing the ground elevation, which would not apply to most elements of the airport infrastructure.

But it sounds like you bought the NorCal package, which is a good product. Required? No, but it will still serve some good.

You might still want to find where that stray file(s) is that's messing up the airport area.

Thanks, Doug; Thanks Pease_W.

Just waiting for the 3rd time for that NA Gold Northern California to download. Tried twice last night and despite having a 50Mbps connection, it says it'll take 3hrs 30min at a rate of around 340Kbps. So much for a so-called 'con trick' fast broadband from Virgin Media(anyone from Virgin Media reading this, take note!)!!!

I've just bought Pam Springs and it states that ORBX Global Base is required for it to work. I've also bought Monterey, and discovered that for that to work I need NA Gold Northern California. That would explain why earlier on when flying out of Monterey the Majestic Q8-400 just fell off the runway into a deep chasm. So, I've had to get that today. Luckily it is still on sale.

Rick have you been drinking I want to join you - you asked about Palm Springs brother - I said negative you dont need a region :)

Rich Sennett

Rick have you been drinking I want to join you - you asked about Palm Springs brother - I said negative you dont need a region :)

Hi Rich. Guess I really need to go and see SpecSavers. No, God forbid, drinking mid-afternoon! And you may not like my poison, malt whiskey from a very tiny Northern Irish distiller called Bushmills, who make malt whiskey that spanks the pants of Scottish malts.

I see what you were referring to was Palm Springs not requiring Orbx's Global Base whereas Monterey does require that NA Gold Northern California, which, as I've said, is taking an eternity to download.

I have both the Orbx regional sceneries (N.Cal, Oregon, Washington) and Megascenery photosceneries.  When I want perfect scenery accuracy, I use the Orbx airports with the Megascenery photoreal scenery.  When I want the 3D dimensionality and great appearance of Orbx, then I use the Orbx regions with the Orbx airports.  It all works together fine, although the border transitions between the Orbx airports and Megascenery photoscenery aren't perfect.

I haven't tried the Orbx airports over FSX default scenery.  I never use FSX default scenery.  If I had to use the FSX default scenery...then I think I'd have to shoot myself.

Hi Rich. Guess I really need to go and see SpecSavers. No, God forbid, drinking mid-afternoon! And you may not like my poison, malt whiskey from a very tiny Northern Irish distiller called Bushmills, who make malt whiskey that spanks the pants of Scottish malts.

I'll be right over to help you finish it off sounds like fun - glad you have it sorted out Rick - nice to see you posting again

Rich Sennett

Can anyone suggest a fix for this. Have made 4 attempts to download the NA Gold Northern California that I purchased late last night, and each time, using Firefox, 50Mbps connection, I get to  around 1 Gb and a bit after 2 hours, and then all off a sudden I get a disconnect from 'ozbathosting.com error 522 connection timed out' message. Not had a single issue before this particular file with all previous Orbx downloads. It's becoming hair-tearing. Have already used up 4 of my downloads.

Rick, are you using a download manager? I can recommend FDM (Free Download Manager).

Oliver. Are you a magician or a mind-reader? Because a friend of mine who does big movie downloads as a Sky customer, suggested something similar, and after trying something called FlashGet from Orbx's own recommendation, which I think was a Chinese piece of software and was absolutely useless as it could not even detect the download link. So, found another one  and am downloading  for the 5th time.

Fingers crossed as I so much want to try a Majestic Q8-400 flight from Monterey.

Thanks all the same, Oliver.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this. Have made 4 attempts to download the NA Gold Northern California that I purchased late last night, and each time, using Firefox, 50Mbps connection, I get to  around 1 Gb and a bit after 2 hours, and then all off a sudden I get a disconnect from 'ozbathosting.com error 522 connection timed out' message. Not had a single issue before this particular file with all previous Orbx downloads. It's becoming hair-tearing. Have already used up 4 of my downloads.

Its nothing to do with your connection Rick,   i would say with the sale it has the servers running like crazy,   try all the different servers, the Uk one, the Europe one and so on,  there should be several of them