Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Question about Orbx Airports

It's worth noting that I use most of the ORBx English airfields that have been released.....but I do not have FTX England installed. However, I do have FTX Northern Ireland installed. You only need one of the UK regions installed in order to gain access to the full ORBx Libs database for the Europe region that is required to enable all of the models to be displayed.

Now, someone mentioned further back in the thread that you could experience elevation problems at some of the airfields without the designated region installed, and that is indeed the case. However, I have managed to get those ones that I have installed working just fine with the PlayHorizon VFR GenX photographic scenery, but I have needed to use one or two files from the UK2000 VFR Airfields package to do it. EGTR Elstree, EGHA Compton Abbas and EGHP Popham have required the UK2000 CVX files for those particular airfields to be active, and one or two of the FTX files need to be removed. I also managed to get EGPB Sumburgh working reasonably well with VFR Scotland Volume 5 Orkneys and Shetland Isles, but that needed a file from FTX Scotland to be copied across to the airport scenery folder, and a few of the EGPB Sumburgh BGL files to be "switched off". There is also a problem of snow on the ground for several months of the year (when the adjacent photoscenery obviously has none), but you can't have everything :smile:

A more complex task than it should have been (since I personally think that they could easily have made these airfields fully compatible with UK photoscenery from the start), but that's another story :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Its nothing to do with your connection Rick,   i would say with the sale it has the servers running like crazy,   try all the different servers, the Uk one, the Europe one and so on,  there should be several of them 

Hi Elaine. Since you first surfaced in this Forum, you have been like a breath of fresh air, with your willingness to help others. All your posts are so positive, so full of bon homie. Thank you.

Since I re-started down #5 through that 'download manager', I'm now at a further stage of the 3.5Gb download than I was in the previous 4 attempts.

Fingers crossed!

I am baffled. Before, people keep telling me I need base package to install if I want to use PAJN Juneau and PAKT Keitchen airports.

Now all of you are saying that PAJN and PAKT as well as Jackson Hole airport run fine with FSX default ground textures??????????????

Yeah, I have Jackson Hole and their Tahoe airport installed and running fine without the regions for those airports installed. I didn't have any need for the regions that go to either of those airports so I chose to just purchase and run the airports by themselves. I do have the ORBX libraries installed however.

I have run the latest OrbxLibs; I have updated with the latest Service Packs, yet take a look at these 2 screenshots at Monterey. It is clearly an Orbx airport as I have made comparisons with the FTX Product page, and yet, as circled, I see those chasms. I'm totally baffled

MontereyAfterSPEtc2.jpg

MontereyAfterSPEtc.jpg

Hard to say what's causing the holes without being able to see what AFCADs or .cvx files installed for that area aside from the ones that airport installs. You running ORBX Vector?

You can go to the ScruffyDuck website and download the AFCAD scanner and run it to see if their are any duplicate AFCADS or .cvx files for that airport code.

If not, you could probably just use ADEX to draw a flatten around the perimeter of the airport and that should fill in the holes, but since you already bought and paid for the corresponding regions no need to do anything, but you should still run the AFCAD scanner from time to time to check for duplicate AFCADS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is the May sale going to last all month long? Too bad KSQL is not on sale. PSP and MRY look nice

Another 28 more days. 

Hi Elaine. Since you first surfaced in this Forum, you have been like a breath of fresh air, with your willingness to help others. All your posts are so positive, so full of bon homie. Thank you.

Oh i don't know if many would agree with you there :lol:      But thank you Rick   :rolleyes:    

Did you get your scenery sorted

It's worth noting that I use most of the ORBx English airfields that have been released

Well Christopher,  did you get a chance to flash your Batman wallet in the Orbtx Sale? 

Oh i don't know if many would agree with you there :lol: But thank you Rick :rolleyes:

Did you get your scenery sorted

Not yet, Elaine, as I'm in the middle of a flight to Mexico City in between pausing to watch MoTD. But at least at 5th go, I've managed to at last download that 3.53Gb file using that download manager.

You can go to the ScruffyDuck website and download the AFCAD scanner and run it to see if their are any duplicate AFCADS or .cvx files for that airport code.

If not, you could probably just use ADEX to draw a flatten around the perimeter of the airport and that should fill in the holes, but since you already bought and paid for the corresponding regions no need to do anything, but you should still run the AFCAD scanner from time to time to check for duplicate AFCADS.

Sean, what you so helpfully advise to do, would be like me studying rocket science---I'd inevitably end up making a bigger hash of what already is. Never ever used ADEX but have heard or read of ScruffyDuck in other posts.

No, I think I'll play safe and install that NA Gold Northern California. I'm sure it'll take care of that chasm /hole just off the runway at Monterey.

At long last, and that without having to run Global Base as Orbx Product page advised----even though I did not purchase it----I managed to get Palm Springs to look as per the FTX screenshots for it. Score 1 with Palm Springs. Still at Score 0 for Monterey though. Looks like I may have to run that NA Gold Northern California for it.

OrbxPalmSprings.jpg

Why is there a UPS 767 at the gate?

Why is there a UPS 767 at the gate?

Very good observation,Ric. Must have been put there by My Traffic 6. It most certainly wasn't me..

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Very good observation,Ric. Must have been put there by My Traffic 6. It most certainly wasn't me..

Rick, I didn't know you were running MTX6, did you turn off or remove the AFCAD that MTX installs for both KPSP and Monterey? It's important when using MTX to disable or remove the AFCADS that MTX installs that are duplicate to your addon airports. FSX and P3D don't do a good job respecting the scenery library layers in regards to duplicate AFCADs.

Simply go into the folder that MTX installs the AFCADS to and find the corresponding AFCADS and .cvx files for KPSP and Monterey and rename the extensions from .bgl to .off.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Finally, got it sorted.

Orbx Monterey. In the end required the Region, i.e.NA Gold Northern California to fix those sections with the deep chasms as encircled

FinallySortedWithRegioApplication.jpg

Well Christopher,  did you get a chance to flash your Batman wallet in the Orbx Sale?

That would be my Star Wars wallet, Elaine :wink: Since I have all of the FTX UK airfields, there was no need to purchase any more ORBx stuff in the recent sale. Which is a shame, because I would love to see more FTX UK airfields. You never know, if they made (and advertised) them as fully compatible with PlayHorizon VFR GenX/JustFlight VFR Real photoscenery, then they might actually sell enough copies to justify developing more. It's just a suggestion :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As Orbx' sceneries and airports take up a considerable amount of disk space. can such files be moved to a larger capacity disk drive. My 256Gb SSD is rapidly getting filled up, but I have a 1Tb HDD.Could I move all the Orbx files there and it'd still load in P3D?

Edit: Ignore. Have successfully answered my own question.

That would be my Star Wars wallet, Elaine :wink: Since I have all of the FTX UK airfields, there was no need to purchase any more ORBx stuff in the recent sale. Which is a shame, because I would love to see more FTX UK airfields. You never know, if they made (and advertised) them as fully compatible with PlayHorizon VFR GenX/JustFlight VFR Real photoscenery, then they might actually sell enough copies to justify developing more. It's just a suggestion :wink:

:lol:

Well yes some more local stuff would be good alright,      I had Sedona but bought Jackson's and Palm Springs last night,  looking forward to playing with them later.   

Monterey does require   Northern California  region - each product will tell you if you need a region or not flightsim store will state it at purchase page

True, they do tell you what is required, however it is inaccurate. Palm Springs doesn't require anything additional, although they tell you that FTX Global Base is required, I know, I have it.

True, they do tell you what is required, however it is inaccurate. Palm Springs doesn't require anything additional, although they tell you that FTX Global Base is required, I know, I have it.

Yeah, I too nearly fell for that spiel. Agree, with Rich, that for Monterey to work, I needed NA:Gold N California, but Palm Springs(KPSP) installed fine without FTX Global.