Sign in to follow this  
SimonC

Considering getting it

Hello,

I am new here and quite new to FSX in DX10. I tried it in the past, without much success, but I read only good about DX10 Fixer so thinking of trying it.

I've been reading this forum a lot, and came across a problem with the sun - where the sun itself has an offset from the glow/corona.

Has this issue been fixed, and how does the Fixer work in companionship with REX4-TD? I have it and it has lots of textures I like for sun and the glow, but was wondering if it's compatible with the Fixer? I also have to ask at their forum about the compatibility, but thought to check here first.

There is no demo-version, right?

Thank you.

Simon

No Demo but there is a freeware version I tried it but the payware version a million times better.

I can not recommend it it enough. REX 4 Direct textures and soft clouds work perfectly with it. You have to set DX10 mode in the REX4 DT options(look in the lower left there are three items)

I love the cockpit shadows they make it a lot imersive and the shadows disappear when you fly into cloud.

At night you can control the reflections of the starts and moon on water, you can control all reflection on water day and night to make things look a lot more realistic.

DX10 fixer does a lot. read through the manual and you will see what I mean. To get the best out of it you need to read the manual a lot. I revisit it all the time and keep improving the look and smoothness all the time.

bets of luck.

The VC shadows alone make it worth the asking price to be honest! It adds so much to the immersion to watch a shadow move across the panel as you bank the aircraft over in a turn.

I've also noticed a teeny bit of a performance increase, and although I myself very rarely find myself experiencing VAS/OOM issues that seem to be so widely reported, from what I understand DX10 has marginally better memory management than DX9 so it seems like a safe move!

I've not had much time to experiment yet, but I like what I see so far.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I agree with Tom, the VC shadows on the a/c alone make it worth the price. 

Not as good as DX11 in Prepar3D, but still good enough if you don't want to spend money on P3D,+ NGX + 777. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Depending how much you already have invested in FSX, and if it's a lot like me, I think the fixer is a better options. Like everyone else says, the shadows alone is worth the price. I have also had an increase on performance on my system. If I was new to the FS community, I probably would go with P3D, but that's me. I'm happy with the fixer, and will stick to FSX for some time to come.