Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

SSG 747-8 Series V1.2 RELEASED today

SSG 747-8 Series V1.2

An important change in this version of the SSG 747-8 Series is that now you no longer need to update your navigation data inside the aircraft folder. This data can now be stored in a new X-plane/Custom Data/UFMC folder.

To do this, create a new folder called “UFMC” in your X-plane/Custom Data/ folder. Then place all Navigraph or Aerosoft NavDataPro files into this folder. The SSG 747-8 Series FMC now looks first into this folder and then into the aircraft folder and respective aircraft’s plugin folder.

Now the FMC will find the default AIRAC 1406 data in the plugin folder. No user changes are required.

To update the data, place all your files into this folder and then you will see in the FMC that the data being read is the one from the “UFMC folder.”

The data files needed for the FMC are as follows:

“earth_awy.dat”
“earth_fix.dat”
“ufmc_approach.dat”
“ufmc_sid.dat”
“ufmc_star.dat”

Navigraph and Aerosoft have been notified to change their data package files and/or installer for future updates.

changes include:

- Wingtip strobes have been adjusted to reflect the timing of the LED strobes on the real aircraft (which are different from the Xenon strobe on the tailcone)
- The red anti-collision beacons are now controlled separately, allowing selection of LOWER and BOTH in the cockpit as in the real aircraft
- Visual enhancements to EICAS messages
- Tailstrike protection logic based on the real aircraft’s
- Flight Path Vector (FPV) function added to the Primary Flight Display (PFD). This can serve as an indirect angle of attack indicator and works as in the real aircraft
- External normal files by  Leen de Jager showing enhanced aircraft skin details
- Cockpit texture enhancements by Kostas Koronakis
- Other external texture enhancements
- Wing flex is now slightly greater and the wing in Replay mode now stays lifted
- Minor fixes to the EFB
- ND waypoints and airport representation is now better and faster
- Speedbrake / Thrust Lever logic implemented

Various FMC and autoflight improvements such as:
- Speed/altitude restriction operating in VNAV CLB and VNAV DES pages
- Speed restriction management in VNAV CLB and VNAV DES pages
- Better CLIMB autopilot behavior avoiding oscillations in most cases
- More realistic STAR/TRANS/RWY selection
- The destination runway/STAR/approaches transitions logic selection has been changed to match the real one
- A bug when selecting airways has been fixed. This is different from the custom data folder use

THE NEW VC TEXTURES LOOKS AMAZING  :o 

10896262_472795722879320_191032703065380

10842301_472795696212656_783547149785095

I haven't flown this in a long time as the FPS hit was ridiculous.

Never had any real fps issues with this aitcraft, and nice to see they've improved the VC. I secretly wish they'd chosen to do the 747-400 first though as there aren't many 748s around IRL.

I'm not sure if I'd call the new textures amazing, but they have improved for sure.

I'm very happy about this update. I like this aircraft very much and it's a good sign that SSG care about it.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Agreed they are better, but still need work.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

This 747 has improved a lot.  It looks and flies much better than it did.  I really like the heavy feel of it. Like was said, it still has a lot of room for texture improvement in the VC, but it is not bad and much better than it was when it was first released.

I had a lot of trouble flying this when it first came out.  Now I find that it flies beautifully. They have made a lot of improvements, so I'll be using it a lot now.

For those interested, here are two comparison screenshots of the old (1.1) and new (1.2) cockpit textures, taken with "extreme" texture resolution:

SSG_B748-I_1.png

SSG_B748-I_2.png

The perspective is slightly different, but I think you can still see the difference.

Esp. in full resolution it is visible that the old textures had several graphical artifacts esp. in the color gradients. These have been definitely improved. Also, the overall brightness has been increased, which feels more realistic. I even think that the fonts are slightly better readable.

Of course, the biggest problem of the cockpit is the rather "rough" modelling while still being a bit hard on the FPS on slower computers. FPS of the FlightFactor aircraft (777, 757, A350) are much better without loss in visual quality. But overall, I still prefer the 747-8, because it just is a "friendly" aircraft which has a great flight behavior and a very good manual.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

For those interested, here are two comparison screenshots of the old (1.1) and new (1.2) cockpit textures, taken with "extreme" texture resolution:

SSG_B748-I_1.png

SSG_B748-I_2.png

The perspective is slightly different, but I think you can still see the difference.

Esp. in full resolution it is visible that the old textures had several graphical artifacts esp. in the color gradients. These have been definitely improved. Also, the overall brightness has been increased, which feels more realistic. I even think that the fonts are slightly better readable.

Of course, the biggest problem of the cockpit is the rather "rough" modelling while still being a bit hard on the FPS on slower computers. FPS of the FlightFactor aircraft (777, 757, A350) are much better without loss in visual quality. But overall, I still prefer the 747-8, because it just is a "friendly" aircraft which has a great flight behavior and a very good manual.

so the fps didnt get improved then ? i was hoping to get a few fps more so i am atleast in the 20+ region, and often cant be bothered to turn down settings just for that plane