Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

Some observations regarding the VOXATC install

This applies to P3D2.5. VOXATC 6.50

VOXATC nad GTN have been a pain with the constant P3D hotfixes=ASN fixes (XGauge)=GTN fixes=VOXATC versions. The panel.cfg for my A2A P28, Milviz B55 and Duke has been through many changes. Had to reinstall VOXATC mainly because of "black VOXATC windows" or the absence of traffic.

Before I emailed the developer with my constant issues, I realized that:

1. 6.51 doesn't work when P3D is the only sim installed - got this one from Tegwyn, the developper. Made for FSX-SE
  2. His panel configuration utility doesn't work with the new panel.cfg created from the GTN installation in the B55. The black VOXATC windows were due to an absence of windows entry in the panel.cfg. I ended up adding the VOXATC windows lines manually in the panel.cfg and now it now it works. Don't know why but the Duke V2 never showed that problem. During the numerous uninstall and reinstall of the GTN, I also noted that I had doubled entries of the VOXATC windows in the panel.cfg., which may have been also responsible for the black VOXATC windows. I always used REVO uninstall - advanced mode to unistall VOXATC, but still had issues.
  3. The install from his downloaded link seems more reliable than the install from a saved copy of his setup.exe. I am no software expert and may be completly wrong, but it is comparable to the F1 wrapper install; if you just use the .exe file, it won't install properly.
  4. I wonder is there's a relation between his traffic and remoteness / altitude limit. Not sure here but most of my flights with the Duke at 17000' had no VOXATC traffic on radio or the EFB maps. But that was before I reinstalled (again) 6.50 and fixed the B55/GTN issue. I tested two flights this weekend with the B55 and the Duke at 11000' - no problems at all.

There's been a lot of learning from these softwares updates and my own mistakes...and still lots to learn.