Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.12

I uninstalled the toolkit, reinstalled it, and ran the conversion again. There were no errors. Checked the C:\Test Folder and it appears all the files are there. However, when I run Flight and check World, the world does not show up. I make sure the Worldaddon box is checked. I cannot figure out why the world will not show up when everthing appears to be where it should be. How does Flight know to look in C:\Test for the new files? It looks like it does not know the files are there to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I uninstalled the toolkit, reinstalled it, and ran the conversion again. There were no errors. Checked the C:\Test Folder and it appears all the files are there. However, when I run Flight and check World, the world does not show up. I make sure the Worldaddon box is checked. I cannot figure out why the world will not show up when everthing appears to be where it should be. How does Flight know to look in C:\Test for the new files? It looks like it does not know the files are there to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

C:\Test is only your temporary folder, the converter creates a .flightAddon out of the files in there and installs it as a DLC for Flight. You can actually delete the temporary folder after successfully converting the scenery.

By the way, is your Flight Toolkit set to NonGFWL mode? I believe that's necessary.

The location of the converted content that Flight uses.  "C:\Users\J. R's\AppData\Local\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter"  This is the path on my computer.  :smile:

Thanks to all the respondents. I cannot find any .flightaddon, I am running in NonGWFL mode, and I have completely un-installed the toolkit and reinstalled it. I have deleted the Test folder. I have run the conversion three times and it still does not work. I have looked at the content converter log and there are a million conversions. I have re-enabled the WorldAddon after the conversion. Still, sadly, there is no world. There is only Hawaii and Alaska. I have no idea why this doesn't work since I followed everyone's instructions carefully. Why .flightaddon is not built or created is a mystery to me. I have done a previous conversion from a boxed edition on another machine and everything works. I will have to check out the previous one to see if I can glean anything as to why this one from Steam doesn't go. Thanks everyone for your help.

.flightAddon is not created unless you use the /a option which is not required.

Does your Steam FSX work?  Maybe there is a corrupt file.  I believe in Steam you can do a "verify files" to make sure nothing is bad.

@ majuh, in your #11 post you have a SS that indicates (correct me if I am wrong) you are flying in mouse mode. Lately I have had to start flying in mouse mode more because my yoke and throttles are due to be replaced. What I would like to know is how to change the mouse mode monstrosity indicator to the little     “ o “ like you have. Greatly appreciate any, and all help, and a great flight day to all. :o  :smile:

@ majuh, in your #11 post you have a SS that indicates (correct me if I am wrong) you are flying in mouse mode. Lately I have had to start flying in mouse mode more because my yoke and throttles are due to be replaced. What I would like to know is how to change the mouse mode monstrosity indicator to the little     “ o “ like you have. Greatly appreciate any, and all help, and a great flight day to all. :o  :smile:

Yes, I am flying in mouse mode. The little circle appears only while manually changing the camera angle with the right mouse button. I don't think it's possible to disable the crosshair in mouse mode, but it might be possible to create an addon which replaces the crosshair texture with a transparent one.

Thanks majuh for your response, maybe someone will  be  able to come up with a way to convert it to the  small o. :o :lol:

Thanks majuh for your response, maybe someone will  be  able to come up with a way to convert it to the  small o. :o :lol:

I'll see if I can find the texture in the game files.

There was a thread started back on 4/27/13 that might help you a little. It is on page 31 at present, and I hope this link will work to get you there. Wishing you good luck! B)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/406364-the-white-cross-hairs-and-x-when-using-a-mouse-and-keyboard/

Hm, after reading that thread, I have to say that I'm lacking the tools to modify the UI elements. We need someone more experienced with Flash editing for this.

Hm, after reading that thread, I have to say that I'm lacking the tools to modify the UI elements. We need someone more experienced with Flash editing for this.

I might be able to help.

EDIT:

So Majuh  and Jack - you just want the "opaque" White Crosshair gone?