Sign in to follow this  
propsfan

New video teaser of Reality Expansion Pack for X-Plane 10

The Reality Expansion Pack is software meant to improve the realism of X-Plane 10, targeting specific airplanes already in the market (for example, the Carenado C210). Every REP package will enhance a different aircraft. At the beginning of this video you may notice the attitude indicators animations and the stunning wind sounds. The weight and balance tool is used to load the plane before startup. Also, please pay attention to the takeoff and climb out; when the gear is being retracted, the drag induced by the wheels rotating of 90° is preventing the plane to speed up to the Vy. As soon as the gear is retracted, the Centurion goes up like a rocket.
At landing you will hear the stereo touch down sounds based on the touch down speed. Also, every wheel is playing its own sound. This really means that every landing is different from every other. At the end of the landing run, if you listen carefully, you will also hear the brakes whining noise.

This looks amazing and makes a huge difference (Reminds me of the A2A stuff). However, I'm really going to miss that default screeching sound from X-Plane whenever I taxi ;-)

very nice, but the "wind in the microphone" sound is overdone and unrealistic to the human ear, when the sidewindow is open, in my opinion...

Torfi

very nice, but the "wind in the microphone" sound is overdone and unrealistic to the human ear, when the sidewindow is open, in my opinion...

Yeah I thought that was a bit overcooked myself, just not quite right. I'll still get it though when it comes out, it's looks like being a huge improvement on what's there now.

I like the wind, it is something that is missing from most aircraft. Great job sir.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Guest Mik75

Looks very promising!

Well done.

I've flown a ton in real T210's and the sounds are excellent.

Promising stuff but the open window sound is way too noisy, especially when he was not moving. The wind noise should surely be commensurate with speed? As it is, it sounds like someone holding a microphone whilst skydiving in a typhoon.

Everyone should get into a 210 and open the window.

It's loud.

The main noise with the windows open is always the engine.

Wind is almost a non factor in terms of noise on the ground with window open (relative to engine)

Was never that noisy...............................but then I used electronic noise cancelling headsets since the mid 90's.

The engine sounds were great, but I enjoyed the tires chirping on runway.

Keith Guillory

Hi guys,

It's nice to see that you're enjoying the video.

We're actually still working on the wind sound when the window is open. We're experimenting with the "mic wind" noise because, in my own experience, if you're wearing a headset that's what you hear. I agree that actually it doesn't sound realistic so I think that we will change/enhance that sound before final release.

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

Hi guys,

It's nice to see that you're enjoying the video.

We're actually still working on the wind sound when the window is open. We're experimenting with the "mic wind" noise because, in my own experience, if you're wearing a headset that's what you hear. I agree that actually it doesn't sound realistic so I think that we will change/enhance that sound before final release.

Hi Nico,

I think the rolling sound with the window open is fine. The sound when parked, engine on, needs to be reworked as the wind should not upstage the Continental's sound. The rest is simply superb. :)

thank you for working on REP.