Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Fun flight to Thiruvananthapuram!

Took off in stormy weather this morning from the Maldives (MALE - VRMM) in a British Air 747 and flew above the stuff to 35,000 ft on the way to Thiruvananthapuram (VOTV).

Great fun flight because of the weather, turbulence, lightning, and thunder. Really special because it was in a part of the world that I'll probably never get to visit.

I  Hit the ILS (RW 32) perfectly in extremely limited visibility.  Nice little airport there. Decided to stay awhile.

FSX is great when you fly some of these challenging flights, and you feel a real sense of accomplishment afterwards. 

Always interested in any interesting flights by forum members.  Feel free to share a fun flight!

Stan

I remember my first flight on the A2A Cherokee. I was in a hurry, spawned on Friday Harbor and took off. It was overcast, and when i turn to went towards KORS, i saw lightning few miles away. It was a very beatiful first experience with the Cherokee.

Cheers :)

N.-

India has a few fun airports I wish there were payware for those.. Cochin, Trivandrum, Chennai and ones in Mangalore and Goa are tricky airports.

and what about this? 

Agatti Aerodrome, Lakshadweep, India.

This is more like an aircraft carrier. 

Mangalore, India

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for those videos, Manny.  Quite cool. I've never really flown in India before today.  I look forward to exploring many airports there.  I'd like to see how these 2 are rendered in FSX.

Stan

Quite cool. I've never really flown in India before today. 

More than India, Nepal has two of my fav airports (VNKT KAtmandu and Lukla) and than Paro, Bhutan my fav airport of all. All three have addons.. Flying the Aerosoft Airbus A319 from VNKT to PAro (Bhuton is my fav).

flying this specific approach.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

That's unbelievable!  Making regular flights there must really "age' the pilots,

Stan

More than India, Nepal has two of my fav airports (VNKT KAtmandu and Lukla) and than Paro, Bhutan my fav airport of all. All three have addons.. Flying the Aerosoft Airbus A319 from VNKT to PAro (Bhuton is my fav).

flying this specific approach.

Never been able to land at VNKT "convincingly" no ILS just VOR/DME approach, with a very steep glideslope, which I don't mind but haven't managed to master the landing as a RW pilot would.  - That Paro approach is fantastic...is it just me shouting "where is the runway?" while watching that?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hi Spilok

TVM is home for me-where my roots lie,among other places!

If you ever plan on going I can advise on what to do etc.

The city itself is busy but rural Kerala is a place to escape the madding crowd!

Jay

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.

Stan