Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Dallas Simmers...1st AA 787 departing May 7!

Hey guys,

Anyone planning on watching the 1st AA 787 departure from DFW at Founder's Square tomorrow?

She's scheduled to depart around 17:25 local, flight number 2331 to Chicago.

I'm going to try and be out there.  Just hope she departs from the west-side runways! (36/18)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

We got the first two aircraft into KPHX here for at least a month while they were developing their line procedures and stuff, just flying empty flights back and forth from STL and DFW - I went out and took pics one evening as it came in:

N801AC-KPHX.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey guys,

Anyone planning on watching the 1st AA 787 departure from DFW at Founder's Square tomorrow?

She's scheduled to depart around 17:25 local, flight number 2331 to Chicago.

I'm going to try and be out there. Just hope she departs from the west-side runways! (36/18)

I would but at 5:25 pm I rather be on my way home and beating traffic. Plus it would be just my luck they take off from the 17/35 set of runways, although if they're parked at terminal D, then they will probably get the west side runways. I saw a Norwegian Air Shuttle 787 land from the spotters area at KFLL not to long ago and it didn't seem as interesting to see it in person as I thought it would, so I don't feel like I'll be missing to much skipping the DFW takeoff.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We got the first two aircraft into KPHX here for at least a month while they were developing their line procedures and stuff, just flying empty flights back and forth from STL and DFW - I went out and took pics one evening as it came in:

I have to admit that as much as I dislike the new AA livery, it looks good on this airframe (Still not crazy about the tail..that needs work).

That's a great pic Ryan!  Just waiting for you guys to release your 787. :ph34r:   Hehe.  I know QW is building one, and it does look great, but with the last few updates from them suggesting that they may have announced it way too early, and the fact it's a part-time venture for them, I fear their bird is still several years from release. :unsure:

I would but at 5:25 pm I rather be on my way home and beating traffic. Plus it would be just my luck they take off from the 17/35 set of runways, although if they're parked at terminal D, then they will probably get the west side runways. I saw a Norwegian Air Shuttle 787 land from the spotters area at KFLL not to long ago and it didn't seem as interesting to see it in person as I thought it would, so I don't feel like I'll be missing to much skipping the DFW takeoff.

Thanks for the heads up though.

NP cmpbellsjc!  Yeah, 121 and 114 are a nightmare around that time, and with the weather looking like it is right now, it may literally be a washout.

I was thinking it would be nice to see the 1st commercial AA flight of this graceful bird, but not at the expense of horrible traffic and weather. :lol:

Funny you should mention the Norwegian Air Shuttle, as it was the only 787 I saw at KLAX last week when I did a little spotting there.  Thought I'd see a United or Lan...but no.

I'm contemplating driving to Houston to take a UAL 787 flight out to LAX for my next trip, but I can't find any flights on their page with the bird, even though they say its going to be in service soon (or may be already).

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg