Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

P3d and FRAPS

A few people here still use FRAPS along with P3d, so I'm hoping that one of them can confirm something for me. Just by chance, I happened to notice that FRAPS runs only on Core 0 by default. That made me wonder if the stuttering that people have seen in P3d using FRAPS  has something to do with the two apps fighting over Core 0 (which P3d generally pins at 100%).

Could someone confirm this behavior for me? It is possible to push FRAPS off of Core 0 either with the Windows start command or changing the AM on the fly with Process Explorer/Task Manager.

It is possible to push FRAPS off of Core 0

Jay I recommend Process Lasso (free, optional payware.)

Our 'own' Brian Navy has provided a very insightful video tutorial here -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cq4AXOZQCc

Thanks for confirming that FRAPS is stuck by default on Core 0. It can easily be moved to another core by a variety of options. I used the Windows start command in a batch file to do so.

For the uninitiated, could you post the batch file content please? Thx K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png