Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Well impressed with the 777 after VAS Test, SS of settings

Just did a flight from flytampa Montreal to flytampa Toronto. With the new 777 Patch/latest version

Started at the start of dawn, LOD within P3D set to MAX (6.5) aircraft model textures ON, MY6 @20%

Over cast with clouds at FL 320 on route, total placket of clouds done by ASN, cruise was FL 380 Clouds set to max coverage within P3D.

Landed on RWY 23 taxi'ed all the way round to H2 

Then had a walk around aircraft and even watched the reply of the landing with no Ding's. Lots of VAS rules broken and passed with flying colours.

Wonderfully.

I do love the 777.

Not good SS but just to show the flight complete on H2 and the setting I use within P3D and NVi

test.jpg

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

set4.jpg

set5.jpg

nv.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Good news. Beta testing for a fix to a problem that takes many hours to appear was interesting.  Flights had to be done using scientific method; that is, every flight was exactly the same without weather or traffic with only one variable being changed for each trial. It was tedious but really worth it.

By the way, that AA livery is one of my favorites.

Dan Downs KCRP

that AA livery is one of my favorites.

Mine too, specially Steve Drake's repaint

So that means PMDG did some serious changes to the T7, or? Were you unable to complete this flight before? I don't quite follow.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Running LOD at 6.5 with the 777 with two good/big addon airports is asking for trouble VAS wise.

Before with LOD at 4.5 I would get dings at the gate and that's with no ex model with a pure day time flight.

So to run the test above and then be able to reply the landing some 850sec before was damm good. :smile: I watched the landing back about 3 times from all different out side views.

The 777 is so much more easy to do a great landing job, she just sits down with so much composure unlike her little sister the NG that can be a bit feisty if not kept on top off and land with a fpm 130-170  

Some clever guys on the forums found a memory leak when entering a STAR/runway etc in the FMC when still at the gate(I do all the time) some odd thing that PMDG would never has for seen. Thats the only real news on VAS useage with the new version. Full info here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468259-07may15-detailed-discussion-of-resolved-777-vas-leak/

I will have to run some tests because I hear from Julian Evans who I trust that with a test he did at FT Dubai VAS only went up 50mb and before he got just what PMDG said the cost was around 300mb.

Since installing the latest update to the 777, I only save about 50meg of VAS disabling the exterior model. This was tested at FT Dubai. Got me stumped. Use to be 300 as you said Dave. I flew to and landed at LOWW with 900 free VAS

Julian also said

I have my P3D tuned via your guide, except for a couple of slider settings, I have it much the same set up as yours. I will be interested in what you find, as it certainly a big change as still being able to use the exterior model is a bonus :)

So FT Dubai to LOWW is a good flight and 900mb free is great news.

Would be very nice to here from PMDG about this, if they changed something in the latest patch/version.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

VAS test within FSX Using UK2000 airport EGNX on Runway 9

VC view only with external model ON VAS =84mb more than OFF

777-with.jpg
777-without.jpg

Spot View with external model ON VAS =178mb more than OFF
spot-no-model.jpg
spot-with.jpg

So if you switch views with the out side total VAS more= 262mb

WOW, can't appreciate this improvement enough. Wonderful!

Thanks PMDG, Beta-testers and everyone here in this forum for identifying this serious VAS leak! :smile:  

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

I do not quite rightly know what to make of this. Installed the latest update as prompted by the OC. Planned a long flight from LatinVFR's SGBR(Garulhos, Sao Paulo, Brasil) to FSDT's Dallas Fort Worth. Never quite expected I'd make the flight right to the end. Expected an OOM as I closed in on Dallas. But no, several hours later, I'm landing. No OOM.

Now, was it this latest PMDG memory-leak patch? I have no idea. All I know is that the latest version of the T7 worked for me. Oh, and I was using ASN too.

Just did a flight from flytampa Montreal to flytampa Toronto. With the new 777 Patch/latest version

Started at the start of dawn, LOD within P3D set to MAX (6.5) aircraft model textures ON, MY6 @20%

Over cast with clouds at FL 320 on route, total placket of clouds done by ASN, cruise was FL 380 Clouds set to max coverage within P3D.

Landed on RWY 23 taxi'ed all the way round to H2 

Then had a walk around aircraft and even watched the reply of the landing with no Ding's. Lots of VAS rules broken and passed with flying colours.

Wonderfully.

I do love the 777.

Not good SS but just to show the flight complete on H2 and the setting I use within P3D and NVi

test.jpg

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

set1.jpg

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

set4.jpg

set5.jpg

nv.jpg

Yep I dont have any issues that i had a month ag redownloaded the latest version as PMDG stated to do and now its awesome. 14 + hours

Paul, intrigued with your scenery featuring the Jetstar, and the 737 alongside Skywest. Care to name them, please?

Anyone yet DARED approach into Aeorosoft's Heathrow (LOD 3.5 - 4.5 let's be reasonable..:-)..????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Paul, intrigued with your scenery featuring the Jetstar, and the 737 alongside Skywest. Care to name them, please?

Mytraffic 2013 works with FSX:SE

Mytraffic 2013 works with FSX:SE

Paul. I asked you what scenery, not what AI you were using. MT6 does not create scenery. Those airports had a distinct Australian flavour to them, so was wondering if they were Orbx stuff.

Anyone yet DARED approach into Aeorosoft's Heathrow (LOD 3.5 - 4.5 let's be reasonable..:-)..????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

pppfff that's easy, was doing that before the patch Geneva to EGLL or EIDW to EGLL, never a problem with 4.5, I might try 6.5 now. :lol:  :blink:  :wacko:

Joking aside it seems the Exteror model still use's 250mb+VAS but somehow no one is posting OOM's like before. Hopefully it might be down to entering STAR and runways etc at the gate before flight and the none "leaking" has made the difference.

Who knows!

I do know P3D with ASN and LOD at 6.5 is stunning.