Sign in to follow this  
macwino

For the long haulers amongst us . . .

Check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/14/opinion/14-in-flight-mark-vanhoenacker.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=opinion-c-col-right-region&region=opinion-c-col-right-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

I realize this is more properly posted in the Flight Sim and Aviation User Stories forum, but it appears that no one visits there, so I'm posting it here. I hope it's alright.

Robert

Interesting article Robert.  Thanks for sharing that

Chris Sunseri

What a gem of a find, Robert. Thank you.

I have a friend in a Third World country who came to know of my interest in all things aviation, and wanted to know so many things about how aircraft got up in the air and came down safely. Now, thanks to you,  I can explain it all to him.

Thanks, Robert.

The author gives us an insiders, erudite blink, of a twelve hour aero-trip. To those of us can but dream of making flight commonplace, we are reminded of the immensity of the process of coalescing the efforts of thousands of others who came before us. ...united in one concept, that man shall fly.

Who dreamt, fought to understand, designed and failed, and designed again. Who built, tested and finally handed the command to those who guide, and sustain the "Queen of the Skys". It caused me to marvel at all who and which came before, and those gentle and driven, dream drivers of the sky. I wonder at the dream-makers of those sterling craft, which came after, and shall come, like passenger-stars, after I am gone.

c

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I dont see an article, just a cockpit painting, do I click something? 

Cheers!

I dont see an article, just a cockpit painting, do I click something? 

Cheers!

got it, you gotta scroll down to read the article....god the internets!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm glad this was of interest to some of you. Here's more about the book on which the piece is based.

http://www.skyfaring.com

I've pre-ordered it from iBooks. It's also available for Kindle. The release date is 6 June 2015.

Robert

Very nice!  Thx for sharing!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Fantastic and engaging read - thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed reading that (sitting in Paris CDG airport), many thanks.