Sign in to follow this  
22awsomeperson

HUD does not work P3D v2

Welcome to the forum.  Please review the forum rules and note that full names are required in PMDG forums.  Thanks,

The HGS works very well..... is it missing or just not working?  Missing could be a problem with giving trust to the HGS DLL, if not working it could be  a font problem.  Is this a new installation that never worked before?

Dan Downs KCRP

Here's a screen shot of the hud http://imgur.com/rJ290R7 . It is also a fairly new install (3 weeks) and has not worked since installing. I have the 737 (FSX version) installed on FSX and the Hud works but, for some reason the 737(P3D version) Hud doesn't work. Lastly, I think I fixed the signature. Please tell me if I didn't do it correctcly 

Eric, you are missing fonts.  I usually advise running the installer and selecting repair but if NGX FSX works then compare font folders and make sure both have the same for NGX.

I am not sure which font file is used by the HGS and I assume it has NGX in the file name; hopefully the difference will be apparent and the fix is easy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks you so much for your help Dan. The Repair option did not fix the problem and I could not find any missing fonts. I have placed a ticket on the PMDG website and will hopefully get a solution from them. Thanks for your help again. 

Are you possibly using the beta verson of Windows 10 ? It seems lost fonts is a common problem with that new OS

I have placed a ticket on the PMDG website and will hopefully get a solution from them.

Let us in the forum know what the gurus at product support come up with as a fix... this problem comes up about once every six months.

I'm adventurous and would copy the font files from FSX or P3D to Windows\Fonts, see it that works then if not use the Windows sidebar menu for fonts shown when the fonts directory is open  to show font settings and uncheck the hide some fonts option.... but that's just me.

Yeah, about Win10... in all fairness if you are using a beta OS you'd mention that, right?

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you possibly using the beta verson of Windows 10 ? It seems lost fonts is a common problem with that new OS

No, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. My guess is maybe a dll problem. I have a ticket into PMDG and will post the problem and how to fix it as soon as I can.

Let us in the forum know what the gurus at product support come up with as a fix... this problem comes up about once every six months.

I'm adventurous and would copy the font files from FSX or P3D to Windows\Fonts, see it that works then if not use the Windows sidebar menu for fonts shown when the fonts directory is open  to show font settings and uncheck the hide some fonts option.... but that's just me.

Yeah, about Win10... in all fairness if you are using a beta OS you'd mention that, right?

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate. I will definitely post what the problem was and how to fix it once we get it figured out.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get it fixed is to send PMDG your ddl file of P3D/FSX. They were very helpful and got back in a reasonable time. Hopes this helps anyone else having this issue.