Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Nvidia 352.86 ...!

Michael I have a 780 Classified ACX that is the next step up in the 780 series #EVGA 03G-P4-3788-KR I may be letting go shortly. Let me know if you are interested.

Nick

Thanks Nick , . Cant see if you are from Europe or US. There is big Taxfee from US to Denmark.

PM me when you get closer to your descision and see if i am still around and interested :-)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks Nick , . Cant see if you are from Europe or US. There is big Taxfee from US to Denmark.

PM me when you get closer to your descision and see if i am still around and interested :-)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Arizona USA, sorry you have the taxfee. As I said I may sell it as I am using Titan video card at this time and I may go to Titan X SLI.

Nick Sciortino

So I've finally got to sit down with this new driver and P3D.  With SLI enabled it looks like im at 32% on GPU1 and 8% on GPU 2.  Is there something Im missing?  Im seeing people reporting 75% GPU usage on both cards.  This was taken while climbing through FL180 with partly couldy with the 737NGX.  Frame rate is locked at 20, getting between 15-20fps.  On the ground @ KSEA was 20fps external view, 11-13 in the VC.  GPUs at that time were 8% on GPU1 and 14% GPU2.  Very strange utilization patterns.  I will admit I have NOT done a clean install on the nvidia driver yet so I may give that a shot and try again.  Mostly curious if aside from enabling the standard SLI setting if there was anything else to do.

Addons are REX/FTX Global.  Specs:
i7 2600K Overclocked to 4.8Ghz.

SLI GTX 770s

16GB RAM

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

With SLI enabled it looks like im at 32% on GPU1 and 8% on GPU 2.  Is there something Im missing?

Alt + Enter to get out of "Fake fullscreen mode" then Alt + Enter to return to "fake full screen mode" ... this should clear up the low GPU % and balance out the GPUs -- this can happen (but not always) whenever you access a menu.  

You'll need to read the SLI threads here, lots of information that will answer your questions.

Cheers, Rob.

Ill have to give this a shot as well as look up some SLI threads.  Thanks.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Also you may want to try the 353.06 drivers. They have corrected an error that occurs with Kepler GPU's (700 series). Might give you better results.

Also, do a clean install - always.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I can report that no discernible improvement in performance but I am no longer getting any driver crashes using 353.06

I can report that no discernible improvement in performance but I am no longer getting any driver crashes using 353.06

What were these driver issues as I am getting this occasional issue that goes to a Black screen. This happens even on desktop without any flightsim running.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

Nick Sciortino

@pegruder - Why would you lock your fps at 20 with such a capable system? I would suggest running unlimited with vsync on.

@pegruder - Why would you lock your fps at 20 with such a capable system? I would suggest running unlimited with vsync on.

*IF* he was getting smooth performance, what benefit would he have going to unlimited except to se more useless fps? most of the time I fly with mine locked at 20 and it's smooth as silk. Other than running at 40 - 75 set at unlimited I see absolutely no additional benefit.

Set you FPS at WHATEVER setting you can that will give you SMOOTH performance. If it's smooth, you will not know what the fps is without looking at a counter. If it's NOT smooth, the setting doesn't matter.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What were these driver issues as I am getting this occasional issue that goes to a Black screen. This happens even on desktop without any flightsim running.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

This is exactly what I was getting. Upgrading to 353.06 eliminated that issue on my system.

You can't be running smooth at 20fps, period. For real smoothness you have to run vsync or gsync and for vsync that means your monitors refresh frequency or half of it (or even a third of it on higher frequency monitors). And this even only applies for Nvidia cards (1/2 or 1/3 refresh rate vsync Inspector setting) and true fullscreen applications (not P3D yet anyways).

Gsync requires 30+ fps to work as well.

So to claim that 20 fps is silky smooth is nonsense and I guess you just have to experience the thruth for yourself.

I just posted a new topic about an OpenGL CTD with 353.06 Its a better visual experience but I am seeing issues never seen before. Weird thing is that it almost never happens, just once every three days then vanishes. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

So to claim that 20 fps is silky smooth is nonsense and I guess you just have to experience the thruth for yourself.

I have and your statement should you wish to REREAD it is IDIOTIC! I can and do get perfectly smooth operation at 20fps. Just because you don't is not a valid reason to say it cannot be done.

Now, if you want to hook up a scope and look at wave patterns, I will agree that it is not smooth.

It's my eyes (20/20) thank you and if I say it's smooth, it's smooth. if it's not smooth on your system, then it's not smooth on your system.

Vic

I just posted a new topic about an OpenGL CTD with 353.06 Its a better visual experience but I am seeing issues never seen before. Weird thing is that it almost never happens, just once every three days then vanishes. 

I saw your thread, and I think I had the same issue. Did lots of googling, and it is a common/known issue with no exact fix. One of the suggestions is to ensure your graphics card is not set to Auto in the Bios but to the actual capacity it is meant to work at. For example, my new GTX970 is a GEN3 so I have set that in Bios.

Fingers crossed, it might fix it, but it is frustrating. The error is a crash of the Nvidia driver, and after it crashes and recovers, it tells you of an OpenGL error.