Hello guys,

I have been playing flight sim for a long time on my Logitech G940. I am REALLY, REALLY getting fed up with the reversal bug on the G940. 
  Long story short, I've decided to spend some money on hardware. Can somebody recommend me a precise piece of kit please, no money constraints (just not Flight Deck Solution products), force feedback or not doesn't matter. So, here are some requirements.

1: Joystick/Yoke:

-NO force feedback unless it is absolutely accurate, I am honestly fed up with weird FFB.

-All I need for buttons are a trigger for brakes, preferably two stage trigger, and a autopilot disconnect (red) button.

2: Throttles:

-At least 6 axis.

-Separate analog reversers, not the kind you pull fully back for full reverse.

-A TO/GA switch.

-Interchangeable levers (like the kind GoFlight or Saitek provide).

-NO and I repeat, NO inaccuracies like the reversal bug on the G940, I WILL NOT accidentally bump the throttle.

-(A) seperate unit(s), not the kind you attach to something else like Precision Flight Controls' throttle.

3: Rudder:

-Just precise control for the left/right brakes and the rudder axis.

Finally, I have a question. Are there any panels that resembles a tiller panel that I can setup through USB ports and support FSUIPC and most payware aircrafts out there (Dash 8 Q400/PMDG 737/777)?

Please make the controls general, although I have a bit of money I can spend, I can't afford to have a whole unit for every single type of aircraft I fly, and please make sure the controls are durable, not something that breaks down after a year.

Appreciate all the help and hopefully be a future reference to people wanting to do the same thing.

Haoning Qu

Guest Mik75

I use the G940 as well, and I have to agree! The reversal bug is quite annoying! But the FFB (together with FS Force) still adds to the overall immersion, in my opinion. That's the reason why I haven't switched to the excellent Thrustmaster Warthog yet. But that thing feels so solid, and therefore "real", and it is a real precision tool. Maybe, I'll replace the Logitech with it anytime soon! ;-)

Hello Jim,

Try Precision Flight Controls; I will buy them after Saitek.

Cheers,

Ben

I don't have any of their stuff but it does look like it'd be good stuff.  My only complaint is that on their yokes, there are no hat switches for view control.  For a sim, I'd consider that fairly important.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hello Jim,

Cheers,

Ben

+1 I have a PFC C 2 Professional console and wouldn't hestitate to recommend their equipment. Wish I had bought the rudder pedals along with the throttle quadrants but will get them soon.

Rick

I don't have any of their stuff but it does look like it'd be good stuff. My only complaint is that on their yokes, there are no hat switches for view control. For a sim, I'd consider that fairly important.

Agreed.  However, I'm currently modding an old PFC C2 Pro to include a hat switch, which will solve that issue for me.  However, if one doesn't want to get their hands dirty, it's definitely a bit of a drawback.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thank you for the replies, the other downside of PFC is soem parts needs other modules and not just a USB driven separate part. Also, the levers aren't replaceable like the Saitek ones. SO I guess my question now is how accurate and what are the drawbacks of Saitek throttle quadrants. PFC throttles have some idling problems from what I've read.

Haoning Qu

I have been using Elite Pro Panel, rudder pedals, avionics stack for the last 7+ years and have never looked back. it's Not the cheapest hardware around, but as stated I've never had an issue with the software, nor any of the hardware. You might want to have a look at their web site. Elite, or Flyrite. Hope this helps. The Elite hardware is all USB items. I have them all plugged into a powered hub.

Thank you for the replies, the other downside of PFC is soem parts needs other modules and not just a USB driven separate part. Also, the levers aren't replaceable like the Saitek ones. SO I guess my question now is how accurate and what are the drawbacks of Saitek throttle quadrants. PFC throttles have some idling problems from what I've read.

Er... I would say the PFC levers are replaceable.  At least, on the C2 Professional that I own, which is complete with a basic twin TQ, it looks to me that it's all easily disassembled.  And the pots are easy to get to as well, if needed.  The issue with either, I suppose, would be getting parts, and I would think there'd be a bit better chance of that happening with PFC.

I can also tell you that the Saitek TQ's loosen up and the pots become 'jumpy' within a year or two. Out of the two Saitek TQ's I own, the one that came with the Pro Flight yoke is is pretty bad shape.

However, the real thing is the cost.  At $70~ dollars, you can use and discard Saitek TQ's a few times over.  Just a TQ module from PFC is a few hundred dollars, and then you have to have something to mount it on... Apples to oranges, really.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Remember how I said no Flight Deck Solutions, I am taking that back, anybody have any ideas how FDS work and how their modules work? I was looking at the GoFlight TQ6 Throttles here: http://www.goflightinc.com/collections/modules/products/gf-tq6-throttle-quadrant, I know froogle did an amazing review on his YouTube channel, but any thoughts on those reversers, do not like the way they work, anybody know if there is a similar system, but with analogue reversers? I need analogue because I fly the Dash 8 and I need to control how much I go into BETA and reverse, I know the Dash 8 throttles don't have separate reversers, but again, can't pay for a different system for every aircraft I fly.

Haoning Qu

I have the FDS yoke, the TQ and the rudder pedals.  You plug the USB cable in the computer, and it works.  Really as simple as that.

sig01.png

PFC Yoke with hall sensors , it was hard to swallow the cost ,but this is very nice too use & think it will last a very long time .

I used G940 as well. Was unhappy with support from Logitech and quality of product. I found a used Sidewinder II. Excellent joystick. They are available new as well at inflated prices. Also have Saitek combat rudder pedals.

Given you mentioned price no object, you might consider:

-force feedback yoke http://www.flightillusion.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=194&virtuemart_category_id=12

-rudder pedals http://mfg.simundza.com/mfgcrosswind.php

-for throttle, you may wish to check out Throttletek. I haven't used precision flight controls, but I heard they are quite good.