Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Night Lighting during Dusk and Down in P3D 2.5

As I moved to P3D right from Fs2004, I noticed that night lighting has slightl different mechanism that it was in FS2004. In fact, the lighting becomes active when it's getting way too dark and remains off during mild dusk/dawn times.

It is just me or it's normal for P3D?

Thanks

Dmitriy

the lighting becomes active when it's getting way too dark and remains off during mild dusk/dawn times

That is one reason why I switched from FSX/P3D to XP-10. FSX/P3D are just texture based dawn/day/dusk/night "transitions" (switches) with some light-FX on top, while XP-10 uses real lighting: sun & moon as natural lights and artificial sources lighten the scene as it would happen in real nature... (something I don't want to miss anymore)

B)

That is one reason why I switched from FSX/P3D to XP-10. FSX/P3D are just texture based dawn/day/dusk/night "transitions" (switches) with some light-FX on top, while XP-10 uses real lighting: sun & moon as natural lights and artificial sources lighten the scene as it would happen in real nature... (something I don't want to miss anymore)

B)

I think the lighting is the best part of X-10. not so much with the rest of it...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

B)

Funny, but FS2004 was able to handle it very well.

which lights did you observe this with?

FTXOrbx and UTX

I think the lighting is the best part of X-10. not so much with the rest of it...

+1

Too many sacrifices in all other areas just to get the great XPX lighting

Too many sacrifices in all other areas just to get the great XPX lighting

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" :rolleyes:

My suggestion for everyone who thinks that FS9/FSX/P3D/FSX:SE might not be the end of the world should try something new and exciting...

Those who are extremely happy with what they have should perhaps stay where they are B)  .

After all the in great parts "Much Ado About Nothing", my secondary sim remains FSX, but those days are counted if not already over... :unsure: 

And what about the new DTG "project"? Maybe there is "a (real) light" at the end of the tunnel. But spectating the giant wave of upcoming developments for XP-10, I prefer to join this extremely professional based sim rather than a probably further entertainment platform... :ph34r:

My suggestion for everyone who thinks that FS9/FSX/P3D/FSX:SE might not be the end of the world should try something new and exciting...

Those who are extremely happy with what they have should perhaps stay where they are B) .

After all the in great parts "Much Ado About Nothing", my secondary sim remains FSX, but those days are counted if not already over... :unsure:

And what about the new DTG "project"? Maybe there is "a (real) light" at the end of the tunnel. But spectating the giant wave of upcoming developments for XP-10, I prefer to join this extremely professional based sim rather than a probably further entertainment platform... :ph34r:

lol - all good - use what you enjoy

I've been using X-Plane since version 5/6 (can't remember which it was so long ago)

Fully versed in what it's great for and where it falls short, as our most on here who comment about XPX

As for "professional use" - What do you think LM is developing P3D for? Warming up bagels on a GPU?

you are welcome to do little search and judge for yourself

we use the similar type of lighting used in XP10

I’m not allowed to post pics outside our forum

i can safely say our night work today surpasses XP10

before anyone start with XP10 is better; it not a competition!

XP was my totem pole developing Night Environment for FSX

we both offer 3D lighting in various colors sizes and shapes

we differ greatly with our night textures; which sets us apart from the rest of the pack

As for "professional use" - What do you think LM is developing P3D for? Warming up bagels on a GPU?

:ph34r:

I bought the professional versions for P3D v1.x and v2.x. I am also an "owner" of PMDG's T7-200/300 and NGX8/900+6/700 for P3D (and some more stuff). So I put quite a lot of "financial liquid assets" into this path but stopped the "process" exactly because for what you humorously call "Warming up bagels on a GPU?".

I really liked what LM announced and produced during the transition between V1.4 and maybe up to V2.3. But it became clear that "Titans" were needed to handle the "eye candy stuff", which BTW is a matter of taste. The sim stuff falling apparently behind IMO, running other planes than default ones made my sim experience a 15FPS slide show......

.... I found a "resource friendly" solution focused on simulation (e.g. environmental depiction and influences, structural awareness, failure simulation, connectivity (hardware and software) etc.) and I am happy with it.

"Enjoy variety" should be the motto from FS9 to "XYZ"-sim and as I said: if someone is extremely happy with what she or he has, they should stay with it...

:ph34r:

I bought the professional versions for P3D v1.x and v2.x. I am also an "owner" of PMDG's T7-200/300 and NGX8/900+6/700 for P3D (and some more stuff). So I put quite a lot of "financial liquid assets" into this path but stopped the "process" exactly because for what you humorously call "Warming up bagels on a GPU?".

I really liked what LM announced and produced during the transition between V1.4 and maybe up to V2.3. But it became clear that "Titans" where needed to handle the "eye candy stuff", which BTW is a matter of taste. The sim stuff falling apparently behind IMO, running other planes than default ones made my sim experience a 15FPS slide show......

.... I found a "resource friendly" solution focused on simulation (e.g. environmental depiction and influences, structural awareness, failure simulation, connectivity (hard and software) etc.) and I am happy with it.

"Enjoy variety" should be the motto from FS9 to "XYZ"-sim and as I said: if someone is extremely happy with what she or he has, they should stay with it...

Can you try to use a few more quotations? ;-)

Seriously though - You are banking on XPX's implementation of environmental depiction?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy XPX for what it is, but it doesn't simulate the visual aspect of flying (notably VFR) very well at all - Just never been their focus (how it looks)

(please don't start on the HD and UHD Mesh - Those are great, but have really nothing to do with airport or populated area scenery and depiction)

Regarding VFR in XP10 you might already have read this thread? (no quotations used :lol: )

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467781-xp10-vfr-in-the-czech-republic/#entry3229934

There's really no point in going back and forth - I'm fully aware of all the goings on in the XPX side of things.

If you keep doing your homework you'll find that Tony's work on that autogen, while exciting, has slowed down tremendously and is a LONG way off from anything usable in most of the world (data sourcing issues)

It's the usual with XPX - Not enough 3rd party support so a patchwork of somewhat exciting concepts and ideas and 1/4 cooked concepts, etc.

I will always keep my eye on them (just like the last decade) but it's off my main burner for now.

Anyways...this is a misplaced conversation - I PM'ed you if you'd like to keep chatting about it.

...back on subject

Those who are extremely happy with what they have should perhaps stay where they are B)  .

Well I tried X plane, as well as P3d, and FSX, and a couple of multi million dollars sims that the airlines use, and X plane is definetly not at the top of my list.. There is always a "giant wave coming for X-plane ", been hearing that same story for years and years. Just hasn't gotten to my shore yet  ;)

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I really wanted to like X plane.

I bought version 9 and tried the version 10 demo but I just couldn't get used to the flight dynamics whether on the included or payware aircraft. They just didn't feel as realistic as FSX/P3D. A real pity as X Plane looks fantastic in other areas.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg