Sign in to follow this  
djseifried

FSXGenius FSX Flight School Videos

Hi,

Does anyone happen to have downloaded copies or a link to FSXGenius' FSX Flight School Videos?  I know he got into trouble with the law but his videos were great for newbies like myself as could also be seen by the incredibly high number of YouTube views he got.  Any help in finding them would be greatly appreciated to help me get started with Flight Simming.  And I also know about Froogle an the many other available YouTube videos, Aviator90 course, books, etc which I also appreciate.  But right now just looking for FSXGenius' FSX Flight School Videos...nothing more.  And of course they were not perfect but still trying to find them. Thanks for any guidance in finding them! :-)

I'm fairly certain it got taken down along with his YouTube account.

Yes, his videos did get taken down...but that was based on a petition made by some upset Fligthsim users...nothing illegal in his videos...and I am just a new FlightSimmer that could be helped by getting his videos.  My hope is that maybe someone had downloaded them.  He had well over 100.000 views on most of his videos, so someone might. Or perhaps another site has them online.  Anyone else know where they might be found?

I completely appreciate your innocent and non-judgemental enquiry, (and the underlying reason for the interest) but I think it very unlikely that anyone here will be able / willing to help, due to the full "story" associated with the individual, and the losses suffered by members of the sim community.

And I don't suppose FSXGenius will be uploading from his prison cell.!

I don't have them however do you know what you are after specifically, there are bound to be videos still online that you can use? I admit they where good videos so it's a shame they are gone, but I'm sure we can find some others by the likes of Froogle or Matt Davies etc

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind replies. I have gotten some good input on other training videos and alternatives.  One good alternative that will likely be helpful to me and perhaps other newbies is CountryFlyBoy...see here:

and Frooglesim is very informative too :) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I would certainly like to see FSXGenius' videos reappear somewhere.  I got through the first one, enjoying it a great deal, and was watching the second one late at night when I decided to pause it in the middle to get some sleep.  When I checked back in the next day...all of them were gone!  I know the guy may have been a crook, but his advice in this particular area didn't seem bad -- you know the saying about even a stopped clock being right twice a day and all that...  Anyway, it seems a bit foolish to penalize normal users to "punish" someone who wouldn't stand to be gaining from those videos' availability anyway.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

You will not be able to get the videos through AVSIM.  It was not us who banned his videos on You Tube.  You need to take your complaint to Google.  Here's a guy who stole money from fellow members of the flight simulation community and you are complaining because you cannot see them?  The Internet is filled with tons of excellent flight simulation videos.

This topic is locked as it is definitely going South.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10