Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released

That's not T2G its LatinVFR

Doh!  How do I always get those two mixed up?!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Going to give this a try...just bought it for P3Dv2.5 and am flight planning now for AS355 KSMF-KSEA.  This is with Orbx Northern CA and PNW and in the PMDG NGX.  Praying that I can complete the entire flight...we shall see.  (Did not install the PNW patch that was out there as it appears T2G have a better one coming soon - so hopefully the mesh issues won't be too bad?)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Well...well...well...I have to say I am very surprised to be honest.  Landed in KSEA, weather was broken 1800, broken 4000 w/ ASN, taxied to and parked at gate N16 using GSX, shutdown and then even switched to external view to watch the bags being unloaded without the OOM ding even happening.  According to FSUIPC offset monitor, I had 335M remaining.

Performance overall was good.  At least as good as Orbx KSEA(PNW), if not better.  I don't look at FPS.  Just care about a smooth experience and it was mostly that - smooth.  Did see the mesh issues reported already but not that big a deal to me.  Will be nice once patch comes out but I can live with this to finally have KSEA done to this level!!

Next leg will be KSEA-PANC using Orbx PNW/SAK and Aerosoft's PANC.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Going to give this a try...just bought it for P3Dv2.5 and am flight planning now for AS355 KSMF-KSEA.  This is with Orbx Northern CA and PNW and in the PMDG NGX.  Praying that I can complete the entire flight...we shall see.  (Did not install the PNW patch that was out there as it appears T2G have a better one coming soon - so hopefully the mesh issues won't be too bad?)

Is there addon scenery for ksmf, or are you using default?

Is there addon scenery for ksmf, or are you using default?

No.  At least not in the terms of a full blown addon scenery.  I think Orbx does improve every or almost every airport within their regions but KSMF was basically more or less default.

The real test would be from/to another payware airport.  That's why my next leg will be a real test - Aerosoft PANC is huge test - and that return leg back to KSEA.  Not sure if I'll be able to complete either of those legs.  We'll see.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

So I got the P3D version of it and love it, good FPS and it's smooth. The only complaint I have is the Jetways dont really line up with the NGX door, they position themselves way way above the Airplane 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The only complaint I have is the Jetways dont really line up with the NGX door, they position themselves way way above the Airplane

I suppose that's a drawback of the "ctrl-J" jetways - as the door level of the 737 is quite low the seems t be a decision o "sinking" jetways (looking veeery odd) or the jetways too high.

I suppose that's a drawback of the "ctrl-J" jetways - as the door level of the 737 is quite low the seems t be a decision o "sinking" jetways (looking veeery odd) or the jetways too high.

I don't have this problem with other Ctrl-J jetways though. Can it be fixed you think?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Ron,

I see the same issue with the jetways.  At the moment I can only park at those that are lower to the ground.  The higher Jetways won't come down like other Taxi2Gate sceneries.

Hirdy

Alright, time to report on performance during my flight.  If ever I was looking for a flight with an OOM, this was it.  14 hours from Dubai to Seattle in a PMDG 777-300ER flown real-time in P3D.  I disabled PNW pending a final patch from T2G, but I did have Global+Vector enabled (as of today T2G has apparently been in contact with ORBX to make SEA fully compatible with PNW.  See http://www.iflysimx.com/topic/1154-compatibility-with-orbx-pnw/page-2).  I had 40% traffic, cloud shadows, scenery nearly all fully to the right, ASN running with overcast skies.  I turned on autosave in FSUIPC anticipating an OOM as I started my descent... But the OOM never came!  I don't even think I got a single ding warning me of one!  

My system is nearly 3 years old with 8GB of RAM, a i5-2500K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, and a GTX 570.  OOMs are no foreign thing to my computer, but I was shocked to see Seattle perform so well.  Frames hovered in the high teens and low 20s, but it was by no means a slide show.  All-in-all I am impressed with what T2G has done with my home airport.  There are still a couple wrinkles that need ironing out in terms of its compatibility with ORBX, but this is a top rate scenery!

Daniel Walton

Great report concorde. I will definitely admit to being skeptical about this airport. It seems that everyone is very happy with how it's performing better then we had all expected. As a PNW user, I've decided to just have patience and wait it out until they get the terrain issues figured out.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

It looks like the update is done.

Can someone please confirm that we finally have compatibility with PNW.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just found this update on FB.

Hi, we have the installer ready for KSEA-PNW Compatibility, i think we reach 100% of compatibility, we change the photoscenery to match good with PNW and winter textures, Mesh, objects floating, traffic crossing the runway. Enjoy.

Note: if you previously install the patch for compatiblity, we recommend to restore PNW files or reinstall to have all files working good together with KSEA-T2G, if you reinstall PNW make sure that in the library KSEA is on first position and KSEA-TERRAIN second position, many thanks for all who help usand for your patience.

http://taxi2gate.org/?page_id=84

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I'm kinda confused...I know there might be a language barrier, but "restore PNW files"? I never removed any beforehand. I did install their previous fix but didn't do anything with PNW files. Does this mean I need to reinstall the T2G scenery?