Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Globally disable passenger bus in GSX?

Title says it all...is there a way in GSX to globally disable the passenger bus?  90% or more of my flights depart/arrive from gates.  Hate arriving at a "new" airport, parking at the gate, and then have to see the passenger bus(or, worse yet, the passenger van) to deplane passengers.  Would be nice if it was off by default everywhere and then you would have to set that you want it.  Seems to me that more flights use this scenario than not.

Anyway, thanks for any answers.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I watch with interest. I  didn't see any global option so Ive been adjusting per airport basis

ZORAN

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0

The link above would be the most appropriate place to get a quick and correct answer to the question. I belive the operating manual that comes with GSX also has directions on how to disable the bus, not globally but by airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0

The link above would be the most appropriate place to get a quick and correct answer to the question. I belive the operating manual that comes with GSX also has directions on how to disable the bus, not globally but by airport.

Yeah, I know how to disable by airport.  But, that's a pain.  Would be nice if I could set them all to disabled across the board and then enable the rare ones where I do park where a bus makes sense.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Yeah, I know how to disable by airport.  But, that's a pain. 

It is a pain, I wish Umberto listens.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

If your airport uses FSX style jetways then it will properly assign which gates use them, and which do not . For those that don't (ie:AES),  you can go into the customize airport options and you can disable them by airport, terminals or gates/parking, you don't have to do it one by one.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

by airport, terminals or gates/parking, you don't have to do it one by one.

But you do still have to do it at the very least, by airport.  Even if I eliminated most of the airports in the world that I will probably never actually go to, there are still probably a good 200+ airports that I'd have to edit one at a time.  I think but maybe I'm wrong, that GSX is meant to be an "airliner" type experience or add on.  So, in most cases with an airline type flight, you are going from one gate at origin airport to another gate at destination.  I would think it is relatively rare where you actually need the bus to deplane.  I think maybe it's more common in Europe than the US but still, probably not a majority of flights that require a bus to deplane upon arrival.

I guess I have to get used to trying to disable the bus at my destination before departing at my origin then.  Is that even possible?  I never tried messing with assignments at an airport other than the one I was at.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

But you do still have to do it at the very least, by airport. Even if I eliminated most of the airports in the world that I will probably never actually go to, there are still probably a good 200+ airports that I'd have to edit one at a time. I think but maybe I'm wrong, that GSX is meant to be an "airliner" type experience or add on.

Are you saying P3D default airports gate's with jetways don't work in GSX? (Just noticed this was P3D forum, not FSX). In FSX any airport that uses default FSX style jetways GSX recognizes and suppresses the bus and left front stairs. Only parking and gates which don't use, or uses non standard jetways are treated  as if no jetway was present, I would think the same would apply to P3D. If not then I agree, this is something FSDT, should address. Or are you trying to use it at GA airports? If so then you are correct, GSX is meant to be used with airliners.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Are you saying P3D default airports gate's with jetways don't work in GSX? (Just noticed this was P3D forum, not FSX). In FSX any airport that uses default FSX style jetways GSX recognizes and suppresses the bus and left front stairs. Only parking and gates which don't use, or uses non standard jetways are treated  as if no jetway was present, I would think the same would apply to P3D. If not then I agree, this is something FSDT, should address. Or are you trying to use it at GA airports? If so then you are correct, GSX is meant to be used with airliners.

Sorry.  No, I guess I needed to be more specific.  It's so rare that I fly to a default airport any more as most of my airports are payware or non-default.  So, yes, default airports work.  I'm just simply saying though that it would still be nice to default the passenger bus to off as 99% of my flights start and end at gates where buses would not be used and it's a pain to have edit every airport I fly to.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I would say, just remove it from the simobjects folder:

Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_PassengerBus

I would say, just remove it from the simobjects folder:

Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_PassengerBus

Then most likely GSX will fail completely with file not found errors

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Then most likely GSX will fail completely with file not found errors

Maybe, you'll have to try. I am suggesting this because Umberto himself advised to remove something from the simobjects folder (can't recall which exactly) to disable the distance/line-up info numbers from the marshaller.

Regards,

Did a quick test myself and it seems to work. I made sure i was on a spot where a bus would appear. Started with catering, then boarding and then push-back. Everything worked as usual, boarding started and ended normal, ! without a passenger bus! :)

GSX is a very open system, you can add your own USER vehicles if you want to. For the same it seems you can remove vehicles you don't want to appear.