Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Linda unable to open fsuipc4.ini

Had Linda working perfectly and PC running at 4Ghz. Bumped it up to 4.2Ghz and now getting a message when starting P3D that Linda cannot open fsuipc4.ini because it is being used by another program. The run command for it is in the fsuipc4.ini.

Anyone else come across this or a way to fix it. Currently I have disabled it and am starting it manually after P3D boots up.

Hello,

Have you checked your task manager if LINDA isn't for sure NOT running any more?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Have you checked your task manager if LINDA isn't for sure NOT running any more?

Oh it is running. However as it starts up it pops up the error message saying it can't open the fsuipc.ini. I then have to find the window and click okay to get rid of the error message and then refocus on P3D. Starting Linda after is also messy but I don't get the error message. It was all fine before I increased the CPU to 4.2Ghz.

I'm not sure i can follow you ...

When you start simply LINDA.exe ... nothing else, no FSX, nothing.

Do you get then the error message that FSUIPC.ini is not found?

And what do you mean with "starting LINDA after is also messy"?

What is messy?

Guenter Steiner

I'm not sure i can follow you ...

When you start simply LINDA.exe ... nothing else, no FSX, nothing.

Do you get then the error message that FSUIPC.ini is not found?

And what do you mean with "starting LINDA after is also messy"?

What is messy?

Okay, I have Linda set to start up via the FSUIPC runif command. This was working perfectly fine at 4Ghz with no error messages from anything. I then increased the CPU to 4.2Ghz and now when P3D starts up and FSUIPC runs the runif to start Linda, then Linda pops up an error message stating that another program has the fsuipc.ini file open. I then have to find the error message (usually hidden behind the P3D window by now) and click the okay button. Linda is still running at this point and it does not seem to affect it so not sure what the error message is about.

Starting Linda manually later is messy because it means minimising windows, starting Linda, then restoring the windows. Much nicer if it is done automatically.

I really have no idea what happens suddenly with your system.

I have myself overclocked to 4.2 without any issues.

Only thing I can advice as a workaround is maybe to try to start LINDA via the exe.xml?

We have to wait for Andrew (Scotflieger) joining in here with an idea for a solution ...

Guenter Steiner