Sign in to follow this  
rennman

Making 747 ER

Hi. I would like to do a New York to Tokyo flight...but she can only hold enough fuel for 15 hours and I need 16 to make it. The easiest way is to go in the config and increase the fuel capacity. Any ideas how to do this and still keep it authentic?

Thanks.

You can refuel the 747 "En Route " ,that is to say during your flight to Tokyo.

I would like to simulate the non stop 747 flight. PMDG did not make an ER version, so I know there is a way to increase the fuel capacity in the cfg...i just dont know how...

You can fly without PX and cargo at max.fuel and direct via GPS, and without wind and choose the right altitude please.

You can fly without PX and cargo at max.fuel and direct via GPS, and without wind and choose the right altitude please.

Or you could just not bother in that case.

I would like to simulate the non stop 747 flight. PMDG did not make an ER version, so I know there is a way to increase the fuel capacity in the cfg...i just dont know how...

Welcome to the forum. Our aircraft actually don't use many of the default FSX methods of doing things. As such, it's not a good idea to be going into the aircraft.cfg and changing values (apart from adding liveries, obviously).

While I'm sure it's little consolation, the upcoming release of the entirely new 747-400s will include the 400ER: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

It's also a forum rule to include full names in your posts here. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm stuck with FS9 until I have 2k to build another rig that could handle heavy iron and mega airports with fsx.

I asked this same question years ago and someone here suggested just expanding the fuel in the cfg...but I never got around to it. I was just wondering how I would do that if anyone knows...

it seems like a simple solution but I don't want to foul anything up.

Thanks.

Mike Ryder

This is the CFG. I can't make sense of it but it does say somthing about Combi/ER...and there are 4 colums for each tank...any ideas what to do here?

[fuel]                                            // Combi/ER + optional stab (Center2)
LeftAux   =  -112.0, -36.5, -3.0,  4482.0, 0.0    // Main 1
LeftMain  =   -96.0, -28.0, -4.0, 12546.0, 0.0    // Main 2
RightMain =   -96.0,  28.0, -4.0, 12546.0, 0.0    // Main 3
RightAux  =  -112.0,  36.5, -3.0,  4482.0, 0.0    // Main 4
LeftTip   =  -130.0, -73.0,  0.0,  1322.0, 0.0    // R2
RightTip  =  -130.0,  73.0,  0.0,  1322.0, 0.0    // R3
Center1   =   -83.5,   0.0, -7.0, 17164.0, 0.0    // CWT
Center2   =  -193.5,   0.0,  6.0,  3300.0, 0.0    // STAB [Optional]
Center3   =   -83.5,   0.0, -7.0,    50.0, 0.0    // Other
fuel_type = 2                                     //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 4                    
electric_pump=0

Mike ryder

I can't belive I found it!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/285716-lax-to-sydney/page-2