Sign in to follow this  
raymar

It Should be a Banner Year for new Corporate Jets in FSX/P3D

I guess that is the way it happens sometimes. You wish and wish and wish and then it seems everyone is eager to build a new fanjet or two.

Just in the last few weeks I have read about:

Wilco Publications and Dassault have teamed up to build a series of Falcons. The first out the door will be the outstanding Falcon 7X.

Milviz is beginning to mention their Bombardier Learjet 60XR. It is in the pipeline behind their KA and F-104. (This is my current favorite)

Carenado has announced they are building the Phenom 300 and the Citationjet CJ2 to follow the Citation S550 and Hawker 850XP.

Flightsimware announced on their facebook page on May 10th that their Learjet 35A project was officially started. and,

Eaglesoft DG still occasionally mentions that work is continuing on their new from scratch Citation XLS+.

Did I miss anyone? Ryan, you better start saving your pennies, nickels and dimes.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Heya Ray, 

No kidding! At going prices that is roughly 300 smackeroonies!

Eagerly awaiting your reviews...    :lol:

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Heya Ray, 

No kidding! At going prices that is roughly 300 smackeroonies!

Eagerly awaiting your reviews...    :lol:

Well, you don't have to buy them all at once. Maybe a couple at the year end or Christmas sales in 2016.

Ray

Not too worried about that, Ray - given development schedules they will be pretty much self-paced throughout the year.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

That Lear 60XR and Citation XLS very definitely have my eye.  Gosh, I wonder if we might see someone try to tackle a new version of the Citation Mustang at some point. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That Lear 60XR and Citation XLS very definitely have my eye.  Gosh, I wonder if we might see someone try to tackle a new version of the Citation Mustang at some point.

Do you mean the Citation M2? Cessna has taken the Garmin G3000 panel that in is the M2 and replaced the Collins Proline 21 in the Citation CJ2+ and called it the Alpine Edition. That would be nice also. A couple a small touch screens do all the FMS input. Just icon select to move around.

I'm still expecting (hoping) to see an updated Flight1 Model 510 Mustang in P2Dv2 one day.

Regards,

Ray

Not too worried about that, Ray - given development schedules they will be pretty much self-paced throughout the year.

Yep, and probably next year also. The Wilco Falcon 7X has been in development for two years already. Of course, Carenado can knock their two new ones out by Christmas, I'm sure.

But, just the thought of the possibility of having all these new models to choose from gives me hope for the future. It wasn't that long ago that we were looking at a fairly bleak future when expecting new corporate jets in FSX.

Regards,

Ray

Do you mean the Citation M2? Cessna has taken the Garmin G3000 panel that in is the M2 and replaced the Collins Proline 21 in the Citation CJ2+ and called it the Alpine Edition. That would be nice also. A couple a small touch screens do all the FMS input. Just icon select to move around.

I'm still expecting (hoping) to see an updated Flight1 Model 510 Mustang in P2Dv2 one day.

Regards,

Ray

Yep, and probably next year also. The Wilco Falcon 7X has been in development for two years already. Of course, Carenado can knock their two new ones out by Christmas, I'm sure.

But, just the thought of the possibility of having all these new models to choose from gives me hope for the future. It wasn't that long ago that we were looking at a fairly bleak future when expecting new corporate jets in FSX.

Regards,

Ray

The M2 would be a big surprise...a lot to pull off.  I think Flight1 has the market cornered on a decent G1000 tho and I doubt they're going to do any more work on either the Mustang or the M2.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

The M2 would be a big surprise...a lot to pull off.  I think Flight1 has the market cornered on a decent G1000 tho and I doubt they're going to do any more work on either the Mustang or the M2.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I'm not so sure. They brought the F1 King Air over to P3Dv2 with that updated G1000.

Regards,

Ray

I'm not so sure. They brought the F1 King Air over to P3Dv2 with that updated G1000.

Good point.  Personally, I doubt it will sell as much as the Mustang would but Jeff said that there's nothing planned for the Mustang.  Perhaps it's turned into spaghetti code or something.  I love your optimism, though, and hope I'm wrong. 

Gregg Seipp

I wouldn't be surprised if Flight 1 brings the Mustang over to P3D, it's such a pleasure to fly! A long time favorite of many folks!

Cheers

Martin

I wouldn't be surprised if Flight 1 brings the Mustang over to P3D, it's such a pleasure to fly! A long time favorite of many folks!

Cheers

Martin

I fully agree. It is one of the better models in FSX. It is just so darn slow.

Regards,

Ray

I am very interested in the upcoming Bizjet Devs. Not real interested in the Carenado entries more interested in what would be possibly closer to something like PMDG level of development. I own a few Carenado Planes and like them but IMHO I would rather pay a few more dollars and get the jet I want. PMDG said at one point that they would not build a Bizjet because it would take just as much resources as an NGX but the market was not there. Maybe that has changed. 

I am very interested in the upcoming Bizjet Devs. Not real interested in the Carenado entries more interested in what would be possibly closer to something like PMDG level of development. I own a few Carenado Planes and like them but IMHO I would rather pay a few more dollars and get the jet I want. PMDG said at one point that they would not build a Bizjet because it would take just as much resources as an NGX but the market was not there. Maybe that has changed.

Competition is great equalizer. I am really looking forward to the Citation XLS+ and the Learjets, especially the Lear 60XR. Of course, any Citation, and for sure the CJ2 will have a place in my virtual hangar. I have not yet warmed up to the Phenoms.

My guess is the Big Dassault Falcon 7X will be the first one out.

Regards,

Ray