Sign in to follow this  
Traveler

FsLaunchPad

Hi Simmers,

I'm the developer of FSLaunchPad and I appreciate that Avsim.com host my application (again).

I open this forum to have your opinion and help users to use and install FSL.

You can visit http://www.fslauncher.com to have more information and don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Good Flight and Nice Landing!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=190241

Pierre

• Like 1

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Hi Pierre,

I have downloaded and installed your fslauncher but it wont launch. It shows the opening screen and 'launching' flashes but nothing else happens.

Do I take it that it is looking for FSX in the default position. If so, I have FSX installed in a different place. In addition, none of the selections from the menu open.

Regards,

George Hutton

Hi Pierre,

I guess I am at the same cituation as George, after install and start the program it remain on the screen launching and nothing happend. Is there a specific installation? I have JAVA 1.7 installed as requested, and running WIN7 64.

Please advise

Thanks

Hani

I am at the same cituation as George,

Hi Walouigi,

Do you have FireWall? FSL need to connect to database on start to load Google Earth Airports data.

Let me know please.

Best Regards

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

hello everybody,

I have the same problem.

When I contacted Pierre today, he told me to give the program firewall permissions.

However, for me that didn't work either. He says that the program needs internet access. I don't know why (except maybe to keep track of the number of active copies)

But Hani, JAVA 1.7.... where did you find that? Last version Ichecked was 8.45 so my guess is that 1.7 must be a very old version. Or what am I missing here?

all suggestions are welcome. (especially suggestions about java 1.7) 

Kinds regards

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

I saw that Pierre clarified the internet access just now.

makes sense

Hi Guys,

Does your FSX is installed in this directory?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

Thanks for you patience  :blush:

Pierre

Pierre,

no, FSX is not installed in the default directory. Not even on the default HD because mine sits on D:\

regards

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Pierre,

no, FSX is not installed in the default directory. Not even on the default HD because mine sits on D:\

regards

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

I think Luc touch the source of problem because I set a value by default the scenery.cfg file like this:

C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX/

and this cause an error and stop the application at the initialization.

I'm working now to correct this problem with to allow the user to set this location and also the name of this scenery file.

This change will not only fix this problem, but will config the possibility to use FLS with P3D, FSx-SE and why not FS9...

I think this new version will be available soon next week.

Sorry for this problem and thanks for advise.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi all,

I do have a firewall installed, but even with the permission it does not work.

The Java installed is higher then 1.7, but because Pierre is asking 1.7, I went and installed that too, still no success.

I see the problem now, as my FSX is on G:\ drive, not under C:\program files. It is on a drive of it's own.

So hope with the update things can work.

Thanks again Pierre.

Hani

FSX is on G:\ drive, not under C:\program files

Hi ,

I modified yesterday FSL to allow to choice program and scenery config location and Addon Scenery directory. Possibility that version work for P3D and FSX in any location installation.

Before I upload it online I need somebody test it.

Write me on fslauncher@gmail.com to have a copy of this version 1.1.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi All,

Thanks for you scenery.cfg files, I have now a good range of  configuration to make FSL compatible with several configuration FSX and also FSX-SE and P3D.  If anyone has other feel free to send them to me.

I apologize for those it has caused inconvenience but it is very difficult to create a product without the community input. Microsoft do like that even if it was payware.

Best regards

Pierre

Hi All,

I uploaded today the version 1.12. 

Here the correction and new features for this version:
1.1 : Correct blinking "Launching" message at startup cause by different scenery.dfg configuration and allow at startup to select your FS configuration.
1.11 : Allow compatibility with FS9, FSX and P3D.
1.12 : Allow to show Source Addons by Alphabetical Order or by Order Priority 

Any comments or suggestions will be welcome.

Regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Just wanted to advise you that I have downloaded your update and all is working fine. V1.2

Thanks so much for the update.

Hani

Hello,

I just did an upgrade, the version 1.12a allows accented letters for the names of sceneries and groups.

It is available in the Installation tab on fslauncher.com

Good landing!

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

i'm interested to give it a try.

But first a question, I use ORBX scenery's, how dus it work with the FTX sceneryswitcher ?

Erik Kuppens