No experience; I just wanted to comment on the irony in using the term 'Economy' in the product name.... I'm not sure exactly who they are trying to convince! :o

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I just wanted to comment on the irony in using the term 'Economy' in the product name....

Kind of like Saitek's 'Pro Flight' series, for the opposite reason! I had not heard of this yoke but it looks like what the Iris yoke should be. It's also looking like being cheaper than the Iris at full price, assuming it ever properly goes into production.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I bought this yoke last week. It was on stock, and shipping from Switzerland to Germany by TNT took four days (shipping was over the weekend). Tuesday it arrived at my place, professionally packaged in a robust parcel.

It cost me in total about 2350 € (yoke plus transportation, PayPal and customs duty). This is more or less the same price level, which I would have paid for an IRIS yoke (if it would have gone into production, and if I would have decided for it).

The yoke in reality is looking great, much more better than in the picture on Brunner's website. The yoke handle itself is out of black high quality plastic, has a smal LCD screen (among others with a  stop watch) and has additionally ten programmable buttons and rocker switches. The yoke rod is out of black painted metal and has a long travel of around 20 cm. The casing of the yoke is out of silvery metal and is looking very nobel. So it is not looking like Econmy, but looking as Business or First.

Installation of the yoke and of its software has caused some problems to me. But I got very friendly support by Stefan Brunner, very prompt and even at 22:00 hours in the evening (again thank you very much!). So I was able to finish installation within a reasonable period. And I have to admit: If I would have had more patience to read the help files prior to installation, I could have done installation  by my own and without  support.

I now will start my first flights with the new yoke, and I will report back. My first impression: The handling of the yoke is very much different from my previous one (a PFC Beech yoke).

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

I bought this yoke last week. It was on stock, and shipping from Switzerland to Germany by TNT took four days (shipping was over the weekend). Tuesday it arrived at my place, professionally packaged in a robust parcel.

It cost me in total about 2350 € (yoke plus transportation, PayPal and customs duty). This is more or less the same price level, which I would have paid for an IRIS yoke (if it would have gone into production, and if I would have decided for it).

The yoke in reality is looking great, much more better than in the picture on Brunner's website. The yoke handle itself is out of black high quality plastic, has a smal LCD screen (among others with a  stop watch) and has additionally ten programmable buttons and rocker switches. The yoke rod is out of black painted metal and has a long travel of around 20 cm. The casing of the yoke is out of silvery metal and is looking very nobel. So it is not looking like Econmy, but looking as Business or First.

Installation of the yoke and of its software has caused some problems to me. But I got very friendly support by Stefan Brunner, very prompt and even at 22:00 hours in the evening (again thank you very much!). So I was able to finish installation within a reasonable period. And I have to admit: If I would have had more patience to read the help files prior to installation, I could have done installation  by my own and without  support.

I now will start my first flights with the new yoke, and I will report back. My first impression: The handling of the yoke is very much different from my previous one (a PFC Beech yoke).

Arndt

Thank you for your post!

It seems like there are not so many people out there you own that yoke.....you are a rarity! :)

Have you done some fllights so far?!

For that price you might want to look at Yoko the Yoko. Frooglesim just released a video on it. It doesn't have as many features as this, however it is cheaper, around €800. And he states it's the best yoke he's ever used and he's had a few to test. No LCD screen and far less buttons, but made of metal with a good spring (according to the video)

Not sure the Yoko yoke has a force feedback though. That's a feature i've been wanting for a while so i would love some reviews on the CLS as well.

In the last days, I had not much time for Flightsimming. So I was only able to complete two short flights with the RealAir Beech Duke. From several options which are offered by the software of the yoke, I had enabled force feedback on pitch and roll only. The flights went well and the overall impression is great. Handling is quite different from my PFC Beech yoke, and so I have to adjust my behavior especially at take off and landing.

Overall, the software of the yoke is offering the following options

• force feedback on pitch yes/no
  • force feedback on roll yes/no
  • yoke is pulled forward by elevator weight yes/no
  • motor vibrations enabled yes/no
  • ground vibrations enabled yes/no
  • turbulences enabled yes/no
  • stick shaker enabled yes/no (for stalls)

and within these options there are further possibilities to adjust % force, % frequency, and so on.

I still have to explore these options. Once I have more experience, I will report.   

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

you can really look forward to it. I have one since four weeks and it`s the best investment I ever made for FS. Finally trimming an aircraft feels right.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

It looks amazing! 

Sometimes force feedback controllers can be noisy (thinking of racing wheels), is it the case?

No, it's quiet, you don't hear it at all.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

you can really look forward to it. I have one since four weeks and it`s the best investment I ever made for FS. Finally trimming an aircraft feels right.

Mike

If 1800€ for a yoke won´t feel right, I think the next step would be to buy to real aircraft and place it on my desk!

• Like 1