Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What to do about a shaky connection?

I've noticed that since my PC is under my desk, that my wireless connection is affected easily by something as simple as putting my keyboard on my desk, or putting my joystick on my desk, or simply moving in the direction of wherever the wireless component of my PC happens to beam from, some things affect it greatly (keyboard/joystick) others just slightly (me sitting in front of the PC.) I can't move it from where it is, is there another alternative? I do not fly online, but I'd like to not have REX cut out on me every 30 minutes or so because there is "no connection."

Move the computer or move the Wi-Fi antenna out of the computer. There's external Wi-Fi dongles that can be connected to usb extension and then placed high up. I do that with my Logitech receiver. Could also place the computer at a distance, then get a powered usb hub on an extension for peripherals.