Sign in to follow this  
MarioR

P3D V2.5 and Estonia Migration tool - FSINN

HI, I don`t know if I'm posting in the right place but there it is. I have just installed P3D v2.5 and I'm wondering if the latest migration tool version is compatible with FSINN. Can any one help please ? and also when I download the migration tool my antivirus software detect a virus. ???  Did that happen to someone else too ?

Thanks!

HI, I don`t know if I'm posting in the right place but there it is. I have just installed P3D v2.5 and I'm wondering if the latest migration tool version is compatible with FSINN. Can any one help please ? and also when I download the migration tool my antivirus software detect a virus. ???  Did that happen to someone else too ?

Thanks!

I dont have that program but this could help

http://board.flightsim.ee/discussion/307/resolved-fsinn-and-prepar3d-v2-1-ctd/p1

As for virus issue - just turn it off before installing it then you can add it to exclusions

Rich Sennett

Be careful using the Migration Tool with P3D V2.5....In fact I think it is redundant now. Rather use products which come with their own P3D installers and then you can be fairly certain that they are compatible.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Be careful using the Migration Tool with P3D V2.5....In fact I think it is redundant now. Rather use products which come with their own P3D installers and then you can be fairly certain that they are compatible.

I'm using the latest version of the Estonia Migration tool with P3Dv2.5, and having no problems at all, including installing my A2A collection. Why do you say it's redundant? What has changed in P3Dv2.5 that has rendered the EMT redundant ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I'm using the latest version of the Estonia Migration tool with P3Dv2.5, and having no problems at all, including installing my A2A collection. Why do you say it's redundant? What has changed in P3Dv2.5 that has rendered the EMT redundant ?

Nothing still works great always has - but as Peter has stated the obvious a p3d version installer would be the correct way to go - I only use it if I have to

Rich Sennett

Sadly, FSinn hasn't been updated for years and the developers are offline and you can't get from their site any more.  Afraid the chances of a P3D installer are absolutely zilch.  Going on EM tool boards and elsewhere it's even harder than UT2 to get working and no updates on success for a year. One of the reasons Vatsim and the like trying to develop replacements.   So . . .   

I only used it last week to migrate,  the p40, the Mustang and the B17 all went ok 

Be careful using the Migration Tool with P3D V2.5....In fact I think it is redundant now.

Thats funny, i used it today with 2.5, and it also auto updated!! where do you get your facts from???

I have just installed P3D v2.5 and I'm wondering if the latest migration tool version is compatible with FSINN. Can any one help please ?

Yes it works perfect. i use Fsinn in P3d, but make sure you are using the latest version of emt and disable your antivirus when updating, also keep virtual fsx enabled with Fsinn, if you disable it you will find errors.

Link for installing Fsinn.    http://board.flightsim.ee/discussion/446/fsinn-don039t-work-with-p3dv2-5-12944-0

tpewpb-6.png

Rick66, please say if you just used the tool, did install of FSinn/Co-pilot (in which order) and do you have to switch to legacy mode when using? It's only reason I haven't dumped FSX because of multiplay (don't find Vpilot as good).  Which version of P3D you use?  Do you get the correct aircraft if 2.5?  - as simobjects now different folder.  If it's OK I'll get the EMT for that alone. And maybe try UT2 Rich! That link is useful too.   Thanks both of you.

Ah, and I think the remark about EMT being redundant was that it is not necessary for some because of installers being available - not that it doesn't work any more   :mellow:

Maybe I'm just being "old fashioned" but if an application is designed for the P3D platform, then surely it should have it's own installer? Some applications may not be optimized for P3D and may not run efficiently...I'm not an expert but just my gut feeling...I use a lot of South African Airport Scenery from a local developer which was originally intended for FSX, and while the migration tool was able to install it into P3D V2, it performed dismally with low FPS until the developer optimised the software and released a seperate version for P3D with a standalone installer.....so with me I wait for the product to become truly compatible.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Rick66, please say if you just used the tool, did install of FSinn/Co-pilot (in which order) and do you have to switch to legacy mode when using?

yes i used the tool for install, enable Virtual FSX, install as per normal FSX installation, you need to initialize the chat dll as per normal,

Which version of P3D you use? Do you get the correct aircraft if 2.5? - as simobjects now different folder.

latest 2.5 P3d, and aircraft repository works ok. and i used emt to install UT2 traffic as well, it works great.

Maybe I'm just being "old fashioned"

Maybe you are presuming things are redundant without having facts to back up your statement.

if an application is designed for the P3D platform, then surely it should have it's own installer

True yes but for the FSX aircraft and sceneries this tool is the installer.

tpewpb-6.png

Rick, thanks very much for that, very helpful, I'm getting on to it right now.  Will confirm back later.

Peter, I think you've missed what I said in my first post and Rick is saying.  FSinn was not designed for P3D and never will be. It's no longer under development and there will never be an installer for P3D except using the like of EMT.  "I wait for the product to be truly compatible"    - the sun will go cold first   :lol:

This thread was the OP, and now me, hoping to get FSinn working in P3D - and EMT is the easiest way.  There's a lot of software no longer under development will never have a P3D installer but will still work well in it - FSinn it seems, then UT2, Earth Simulations, UK2000, Tongass and Vancouver+ sceneries,  to name just some that I use.  There are many others.  

So can we please get back to the point of the thread - FSinn in P3D.  For me, thanks all who've helped

As others already said, EMT is working perfectly fine and indeed is needed to install add-ons that come without a native P3Dv2 installer. Regarding the virus alert that's a false positive and I've already been in contact with the developer who promised a quick fix for this.

As for VATSIM and FSInn have you considered using vPilot rather than FSInn? A much more recent pilot client which is working perfectly fine in P3Dv2 without having to run EMT in 'Virtual FSX' mode all the time. It also has lots of other great features lacking in the old FSInn client most importantly a fully working model matching module. You can then use a stand-alone extra application called VMGenerator which will scan through all your installed AI models and make up model matching rules for you automatically which can later be used by vPilot.

Richard Åsberg

As for VATSIM and FSInn have you considered using vPilot rather than FSInn?

Couldn't agree more unless there is some sort of conflict with Vpilot and the owners machine I can't imagine why anyone would want to still use FSInn or Squakbox for that matter.

As far as the migration tool, I used it this morning, As others have state works great, far from redundant unless you simply want to keep a lean P3d install and only use programs with native installers?  Personally, I have far and away too many programs that work perfectly fine using the migration tool that still don't have native installers, it saves me a lot of time and frustration and wont be coming off my system for the foreseeable future.

RE Thomason Jr.

Haha, for me using FSinn but not Vatsim  Until you can persuade all the guys on my VA to use vPilot and Vatsim.  Trouble is we do a lot of formation flying and both vPilot and FSinn give very jerky view of other pilots  (its the simconnect and the fact that the other aircraft getting various internet lags).  When I can I use the MP on the LAN connect way which is much smoother.