Sign in to follow this  
Salty60

Can't Start the P38L Manually

Just bought the P38L and I have upgraded today to the new version. Attempting to use the checklist to manually start the engines and when I try to use the "Engage" and "Start" switches for the motors, no matter how I try I can't get the engines to turn over. I haven't seen on the forum where anyone else has had this problem so I guess I'm missing something. The checklist has you "Energize" the engine and then "Engage the Starter". Semantics aside, the switch on the right is labeled "Engage" while the switch on the left is labeled "Starter", so this sentence doesn't make sense to me. However, I clicked the "Engage" switch up to the LH engine and a whining noise starts, then I try to click the "Starter" switch on the left up to the LH engine position, but nothing happens. I just hear the whining noise crescendo and then fade and then crescendo again and fade. I can't turn this off so I'm forced to exit out of the game and start the flight over. Now I can use the Ctrl E gimmick to start the engines but that kind of defeats the purpose. One other thing I've done is bind a key on my throttle to the Starter 1 and Starter 2 commands in the controller section. This works, when I hit the switch on my throttle, then the engine will energize and start. So I am confused obviously and hope someone in the know can correct me and give me guidance. Help is very appreciated.

You'll have to get on the MV support forums.

Please contact roadburner440@milviz.com along with your proof of purchase...

thanks

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Most Milviz addons are very demanding in this respect and require special methods to start the engines (like starting the simulator with default aircraft with running engines). And unfortunately, instructions given in the manuals are not sufficient. Why am I forced to join the Milviz support forum if I just want to start the engines? Milviz, please make your aircraft more FSX (and P3D) compatible or give at least clear instructions in your manuals.

Felix

Hi,

I'm sorry that you feel this way but going to our forums is the only way you will get help on this and other problems.

The instructions are clear and most peopleare able to do it first time.

This isn't a dig at you or anyone else who is having issues.

I am looking at making a video of the startup.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Oil Dilution Switches need to be clicked , that item wasnt added to the manual yet and is new to the update.

Best CJ