Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

DX10 FSX with fixer and sweetFX?

Hi

I currently use DX10 FSX with Steve's fixer and FSX Shade 1.02. I  have also many other addons but I would  like to take the sim to next level graphics wise - can anyone point me to good step by step on how to set up SweetFX in DX10 and is it actually worth it? 

thanks

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi

I currently use DX10 FSX with Steve's fixer and FSX Shade 1.02. I  have also many other addons but I would  like to take the sim to next level graphics wise - can anyone point me to good step by step on how to set up SweetFX in DX10 and is it actually worth it? 

thanks

I was going to ask you, do you fly high or low, then I decided to check out your profile and noting your add-ons you fly not only high and low but in the middle with the Duke. you seem to have everything in add-on planes and textures. So I don't know what extra your looking for. you could try sweetFX its only a matter of downloading and copying into the FSX root directory. There are some profiles on the web you could search for and try. Whether they will work with the other add-ons, ie Rex I don't know, its a trial and error procedure I guess.

hope it works out for you.

I did copy it on FSX Steam Edition together with some DX10 settings found online, but the sim is crashing on loading screen. Well... I think I just miss 2015 touch to the game if you know what I mean, but on the other hand it is possible that I just expect too much from such old sim having a lot anyway... 

thanks

Hi

thanks

Yes it is worth it. Nights look black, days look bright. Make sure you use dxgi.dll and play around with the effects you can get lots of ideas from the sf lazy net. I'm using sweetfx 2 with reshade and the grand theft auto presets with some adjustments.

I did copy it on FSX Steam Edition together with some DX10 settings found online, but the sim is crashing on loading screen. Well... I think I just miss 2015 touch to the game if you know what I mean, but on the other hand it is possible that I just expect too much from such old sim having a lot anyway... 

thanks

this a quote from the install guide for sweetfx:-

'•FSX DX9: Start FSX, go to display options, uncheck Anti-aliasing. If you install SweetFX before doing this step, FSX will crash.

you could try this in FSX Steam Edition (that's without dx10 preview)

bob

Well I played around with Shade a little bi more and decided I'm really overreacting here I think. :-) 

So now moving to question no.2 - how to make VC shadows on 737 NGX visible in DX10 sceneryfixer 2.8 because I am literally unable to do it :-( 

My NGX worked with the Fixer as soon as I installed SP-1d.  Don't know why some people having problems, so:

-Make sure you're updated to SP-1d.

-Make sure "Aircraft Casts Shadows On Itself" ticked on in FSX.

-Make sure "Force VC Walls" is ticked on in the Fixer.

-Make sure "ForceVCShadowMap=1" is in your fsx.cfg under the [DISPLAY] section.

Other than those things I can't think of anything else.

Hope it works out for you, the shadows are spectacular!

Oh, BTW, you mentioned you had DX10 + Shade working good for you.  I have Shade but I haven't set it up in DX10 yet.  Care to share your settings?  Are you using a preset, or did you just come up with your own settings?

Regards,

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

sorry for late reply I use Mark settings final. They fit with REX 4 nice.

Ok great, I'm going to try shade using that preset.

BTW, how did make out with the NGX, any improvement?

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

Yes. Thanks to yours and Steve tips shadows are in. It's also important to raise contrast and shadow boost so it is more noticeable. :)

Yes it is worth it. Nights look black, days look bright. Make sure you use dxgi.dll and play around with the effects you can get lots of ideas from the sf lazy net. I'm using sweetfx 2 with reshade and the grand theft auto presets with some adjustments.

Hi Borderline, I'm wondering if you can help I've also been using Reshade+sweetFx 2.0 together with Gta shader and it's been amazing Fsx until recently I started getting micro stutters on external view spot view and sometimes just a black screen on Fsx load up don't why.

I'm asking for a kind favour if you don't mind send me a screenshot of your Fsx folders and files just below SimObjects to the last bottom file, I just want to compare regards d3d9.dll,dxgi.dll and other files etc I feel I messed up somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ldee

I'm asking for a kind favour if you don't mind send me a screenshot of your Fsx folders and files just below SimObjects to the last bottom file, I just want to compare regards d3d9.dll,dxgi.dll and other files etc I feel I messed up somewhere. Thanks in advance.

I apologize for the very late response. I'm currently using Reshade w/ Framework just to mess around with the Master Effect used in several games.

You won't find d3d9.dll in my FSX folder because I'm using DX10 fixer, so when you run the Reshade install the setup will create the dxgi.dll for you when you select dx10/dx11  button to configure FSX in reshade.