Sign in to follow this  
mr340

FSDT- KJFK What is your FPS?

Hi everyone , i am currently having this issue that i didn't had before with FSDT- KJFK + Aerosoft A320. Before i was getting 20FPS and above now i am getting 12FPS.This is what i  am currently using

ASN+ REX Soft Clouds + My Traffic Pro 6.0- Slider at 20% Only Airline Traffic

Is it only me or does FSDT KJFK still a Low FPS airport even in P3D?

Can someone please share their FPS with KJFK?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Did you disable the MTX 6.0 AFCAD that is installed for JFK? If not, having multiple AFCADs for the same airport can cause issues where the default buildings try to render under or over the addon airport building and can cause a host of problems. If you didn't turn off the AFCAD that MTX installs just rename it from .bgl to .off.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did you disable the MTX 6.0 AFCAD that is installed for JFK? If not, having multiple AFCADs for the same airport can cause issues where the default buildings try to render under or over the addon airport building and can cause a host of problems. If you didn't turn off the AFCAD that MTX installs just rename it from .bgl to .off.

Just curious. Why do mytraffic installs these afcads if they are to be disabled? Does it goes for other airports as well ?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well, that's what I get sitting on 31L in the A320 with zero AI traffic and the fair WX scenario.  I find it very tough on frames and it always has been for me. I also have MT6 with the AFCAD disabled.  Maybe try the AI optimizer if you don't have it already which at least cuts out the excessive AI traffic in the area.  I really never even fly in/out of any airports around NYC because overall that area just creates havoc for me.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I didn't even knew that. That would explain why some AI seem to be park inside the terminal building. Can you explain how to turn off the AFCAD or rename it?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

I didn't even knew that. That would explain why some AI seem to be park inside the terminal building. Can you explain how to turn off the AFCAD or rename it?

You go to where you installed the scenery and then go to Scenery and look for KJFK's AFCAD. Once you do, right click it and select rename. Change the file name from .bgl to .off.

Júnior Silva

You go to where you installed the scenery and then go to Scenery and look for KJFK's AFCAD. Once you do, right click it and select rename. Change the file name from .bgl to .off.

Thank you very much will try it and report back if the issue is gone.

Well, that's what I get sitting on 31L in the A320 with zero AI traffic and the fair WX scenario.  I find it very tough on frames and it always has been for me. I also have MT6 with the AFCAD disabled.  Maybe try the AI optimizer if you don't have it already which at least cuts out the excessive AI traffic in the area.  I really never even fly in/out of any airports around NYC because overall that area just creates havoc for me.

I see now , thats why on many performance test videos i never seen KJFK being one of those airport where someone might test a new GPU or any kind of new hardware.

Mr Leny

Just curious. Why do mytraffic installs these afcads if they are to be disabled? Does it goes for other airports as well ?

Thanks Michael Moe

They install them so that the default airports will have enough gates for all the traffic. They have no way of knowing what addon airports each customer has, so they install all of them. And yes, if you have an addon airport then you should rename the corresponding AFCAD and .cvx file is there is one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They install them so that the default airports will have enough gates for all the traffic. They have no way of knowing what addon airports each customer has, so they install all of them. And yes, if you have an addon airport then you should rename the corresponding AFCAD and .cvx file is there is one.

Hi again , how does the AFCAD file appear in the folder? In other words what does it look like , how is it named in the folder ?

Mr Leny

Hi again , how does the AFCAD file appear in the folder? In other words what does it look like , how is it named in the folder ?

Go into your main MT6 folder and open the Scenery folder within that.  That folder is full of bgl's for many airports.  Just find BR2_KJFK.bgl and change it to BR2_KJFK.off

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Go into your main MT6 folder and open the Scenery folder within that.  That folder is full of bgl's for many airports.  Just find BR2_KJFK.bgl and change it to BR2_KJFK.off

Thank you very much

Mr Leny