Sign in to follow this  
BaobobMiller

LINDA refuses to sync up (FSX-SE)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to switch over to FSX-SE and I'm running into problems. Namely... everything works except LINDA. I'm using FSUIPC 4.939n and the default FSX-SE SimConnect (10.0.62613.0). I have thus far been unable to get LINDA to recognize that FSX-SE is running... (cant sync up) FSX Sync button remains blue and every time I click it it changes the aircraft drop-down menu back to "-- Aircrafts --".

I was able (on several previous installs) to get it to work by installing the XPACK version of SimConnect from the LegacyInterfaces sub-folder in the SDK folder. However if I do that I my Flight1 GTN's crash the simulator after informing me that the SimConnect version is incompatible.

Any Help? Ideas? Pointing and laughing?

Thanks,

Bao

Hi Bao

Sorry to hear of your problems setting up FSX-SE.  I have FSX-SE working fine so I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

I have FSX-SE setup in the default Steam directory (c:\steam\steamapps\common\fsx) with FSUIPC 4.939 and LINDA 2.6.3 installed in the c:\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\modules.  I am using SimConnect 10.0.62613.0 as you are.  However, I do get the LINDA console log messages:

Note: Simconnect Steam is supported, but it isn't installed.

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct 07 ...

SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

Running in "Microsfot Flight Simulator X", Version 10.62613.0 (SimConnect 10.0.62613.0)

However, I do not believe you problem is connected with SimConnect.  The FSX Sync issue is more likely connected to the way you have your aircraft addons and LINDA aircraft modules installed.  Sorry if it sounds basic, but you to have your aircraft installed in the above FSX-SE structure and your LINDA modules in the above \modules folder alongside FSUIPC.  Also check that their are no conflicts in the aircraft naming.  I and others had a problem with the A2A C172 conflicting with the default Microsoft C172 aircraft.  I had to delete the later.

You can email me you linda2.log and a cut and paste of your LINDA console log to me at linda@awginfosys.net.  I will try and find some time to see if I can identify the source of your problem.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew