Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Imagine this for your Home cockpit

At least its neater than a lot of the Wife-is-gonna-kill-you type setups I see pictured sprawled across people's livingrooms!  :lol:

It actually looks cool!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ye i'm pretty sure she will still kill you  :rolleyes:   Its pretty tidy though all the same 

There are versions that are a bit smaller then that and sit on the ground. I saw a video of someone who made the front of a car with dashboard etc, put in a wheel, gear shift and peddles which was a nice idea, maybe a little over the top though. I don't think anything beats the video I saw of someone's home 737 simulator, complete with 2 or projectors, fully modelled, and it took up a whole room in his house. Here it is found it (he sold it in the end though)

Of course we can't forget Matt Sheil's 747 simulator, his is in in his house though http://www.hyway.com.au/747/747.php

At least its neater than a lot of the Wife-is-gonna-kill-you type setups I see pictured sprawled across people's livingrooms!  :lol:

It actually looks cool!

Watching that video clip reminds me that there's a certain amount of madness involved in flight-simming and gaming.  For example, imagine you had that motion (flight)sim in your living-room and that you were happily absorbed 'flying' it;  meanwhile some relatives visit your house but your wife, partner or mother fails to alert you to this fact (you know how tetchy you get when disturbed ;-).  Meanwhile everyone is sitting round watching this noisy mechanical box flopping around the room with the sound of aircraft engines screaming from it..and the occasional curse. ;-)   

Watch again and imagine....

https://youtu.be/uxBTvmnqdW4?t=90

Ye i'm pretty sure she will still kill you  :rolleyes:   Its pretty tidy though all the same 

At least put it in the garage, or basement!  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I don't see prices listed.

Is this one of those, "if you need to ask, you can't afford it" item? lol.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

:P

You'd certainly need to with this one....

Yup, seen those before. The reason I like the one I posted was that it's just so much sleeker and that it really looks so much like the outside of a "real" simulator. This one in your video kinda scares me. I see it being a cat, dog, and kid hazard, and  imagining how you would run and place wiring just makes me cringe 

Its probably also a barf-hazard as well.........

Wife "Honey, did you throw up again?"

Husband "Yes dear.... where the mop?"

Wife "Jeez, I wanted to try War Thunder, later......."

Devons rig

Maybe too cute! The problem then would be how would friends and family ever get the user to come out!  :blink:

I could see some home cockpit builders with lower budgets falling in love with this.........

Devons rig

Maybe too cute! The problem then would be how would friends and family ever get the user to come out!

:P Too true :rolleyes:

I don't see prices listed.

Is this one of those, "if you need to ask, you can't afford it" item? lol.

All the companies seem quite coy about pricing.

Devons rig