Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

Squawk **** over and over

Why am I being instructed to change my transponder code so many times every flight? I had a flight that was barely 800 miles long and was instructed to change it 7 times. Twice while climbing out. It probably would have been more if I hadnt turned it off and finshed the flight in silence. And thats after being instructed to taxi to the farest possible runway for takeoff even though AI aircraft were taking off on it and the closest runway to me. And then there are all the missing callsigns without any apparent update coming, no "heavy" for any AI, being vectored into head on traffic on the runway, planes crossing in front of me while rolling out after landing, it not seeing you crossing waypionts and then it sayin YOU had navigation issues, warning me about traffic 14 miles away but saying nothing about the plane crossing a mile in front of me at the same altitude, its really starting to make me regret buying this. Im certnaly not expecting perfect but for something I paid money for I would at least expect it to be better in all respects than the stock ATC. Just my opinion and I think we still have a right to that in the USA.

You should be using rcv4 build 3845. That was the last version.

Install the latest version of makerwys and if RC and FS are on the same PC let RC run it from with its scenery rebuild:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Be sure fsuipc is current from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

This reports ai to RC for positioning enroute and at the airport, as well your position on the airport. RC attempts to prevent ai runway incursions when you are on final. After that it is up to FS.

If you are using an Active Sky product with FSX select the destination lock option so ai remains in a stable pattern as you approach. This is caused by a limitation of DWC in FSX which forces the Global weather mode. See the pinned topic. At the request of users, fsuipc has been implemented to report the "expected" weather at destination according to the METAR in Active Sky's table as opposed to reading the weather read from FS. This affects only the weather report issued by RC for destination and may not match.

Be sure you refresh ai if using Active Sky after it completes writing to the FS weather engine. Incoming ai for departure comes in its first cluster using the weather pattern as recorded in your default flight. AS has a function to do this. It supposed to be automatic.

If you are crossing ATC boundaries, even within the same FIR (Flight Information Region), because of altitude jurisdiction or local controller boundaries, you can get several transponder changes. Some routes such as in the US Northeast corridors may fly totally within the local radar approach phases in the lower altitudes due to the heavy traffic in the higher altitudes and the close proximity of high density airports. Some of these ATC boundary areas are really quite small.

If no ai are present when RC examines this for airport traffic, it uses weather and best runway criteria. FS can make different choices when ai come into being such as allowing tailwinds. If ai are present when RC examines the environment then that ai determines runway priority. If ai arrive after RC makes its decision or change the pattern a possible conflict can occur. Again for departure, refresh ai to let it establish a correct and stable pattern.

RC does not use voice synthesis but prerecorded phrases for callsigns, airport names, etc. These were fixed at RC 4.3's release. If a callsign has been recorded but just the airline's name changed to to acquisitions, mergers, etc., that can be fixed in RC's permanent data files connecting the recorded callsign to the airline identification.

If you are totally dissatisfied with RC and your purchase was very recent, contact jd as explained in the pinned help topic. You may get an adjustment.

Have you at least read the tutorials in the RC manual? A lot is explained in them.

I see. I am using the latest build of both RC and FSUIPC. I do use Active Sky Evolution but I am using FS9 so Im not sure if any of the info above applies relating to weather applies. I have added several missing callsigns by recordind bits and pieces of each controllers WAV. files but it is a very tedious process. The stock ATC and edit voicepack definetly have RC beat on that one. One thing that also irritates me is when there are AI aircraft waiting to take off on both sides of the runway. It seems to allow takeoff from alternating sides of the runway untill I get up to the hold short bar and then it allows all the aircraft from the other side to takeoff before clearing me onto the runway. Even if I have been sitting there waiting and another one taxis up as the last ac is taking off it lets that one go before me also. Is that a glitch? But I will check for the latest version of Makerwys. Thanks

One thing that also irritates me is when there are AI aircraft waiting to take off on both sides of the runway. It seems to allow takeoff from alternating sides of the runway untill I get up to the hold short bar and then it allows all the aircraft from the other side to takeoff before clearing me onto the runway. Even if I have been sitting there waiting and another one taxis up as the last ac is taking off it lets that one go before me also. Is that a glitch?

When I feel I've waited too long for clearance to line up and wait I sometimes use FSUIPC's Traffic Zapper. You also need to ensure you're on the taxiway right at the end of the runway. If you're on another further down from that other aircraft will be given priority. Hard to give a definitive answer without access to the code or JD supplying the answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather