Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

Next Up From Alabeo

kf0d4j.jpg

C177 Cardinal II

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nifty, I'm not a Carenado guy but didn't they do one too? I thought the two companies were collaborators, or something like that. Any mention on features, ie gtn integration?

Oops, this is xplane, sorry.

Alabeo = Carenado

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If it's anything like the one they did for FSX/P3D it should be a nice addition.

Yeah it's funny in FSX these are pretty lite planes as we all know.  In XP10 Dan does a really really nice job on them... they're solid GA in XP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah it's funny in FSX these are pretty lite planes as we all know.  In XP10 Dan does a really really nice job on them... they're solid GA in XP.

And that's why I'll probably end up with one. 

Another great-looking GA.  But I have so many of them from Alabeo-Carenado that I need something a bit larger and not quite so much variation on the same theme.

But nice aircraft, anyway ...

Shame that none of the Cardinal versions have an autopilot.  :-(

I owned a Cardinal RG and while it was very nice to hand fly (also had an autopilot), in a Sim I consider an auto-pilot to be mandatory.

Big thumbs down on that one

You can quite easily enable a "hidden" pop-up autopilot, simply by commenting in the relevant line in the "avionics.lua" file, and assigning a keyboard shortcut to the corresponding SASL pop-up window.

You can quite easily enable a "hidden" pop-up autopilot, simply by commenting in the relevant line in the "avionics.lua" file, and assigning a keyboard shortcut to the corresponding SASL pop-up window.

Wow -that's beyond me apparently

No idea how to do that, but thanks

...Would like to have an autopilot in the panel, like most Carenado planes is what I was saying

I'm enjoying this plane, as I do all Carenado's\Alabeo's

Dan,  could you elaborate how to edit this file to get a GPS pop-up? I looked at the Avionics.Lua file, but can not find where to enable a keyboard short cut.

I find the autopilot a nice feature to have on a long trip. This would keep me from using this plane beyond my local area.

Rob

You're asking about GPS pop-up?  The conversation above was about the autopilot pop-up, but below, there's also instructions on how to assign a keyboard shortcut to the GPS pop-up, if you wish.

For the autopilot pop-up to be enabled, you go to the avionics.lua file; there's a line that looks like this:

--local BKAP   = subpanel {position = {38, 460, 550, 131   };  command = "xap/panels/2";    description = "";  noBackground = false, components = {BK_AP     {position = { 0, 0,550,131 } }; };    };

Just remove the two minus signs from the front of the line and save the file.  This now enables you to launch a pop-up autopilot window via keyboard shortcut.

Which keyboard shortcut?  Well, that's one you'll have to customize in X-Plane's "Settings>Joystick & Equipment>Keys" window. You will be looking for a CUSTOM command (so it's not one of the commands already listed by default at the right), so you'll have to click on the little square box above the text box at the top right of the window, which will open up a file browser.   Browse to the following path:

xap/panels/2

and bind your keyboard short cut to that.  This should allow you to press the assigned keyboard shortcut to open the autopilot window.  

To assign a keyboard shortcut to the GPS as a pop-up, you can simply select the command from the list of X-Plane default commands:  

sim/GPS/g430n1_popup

Oh, and for those of you who bought the plane already, you may find this video helpful in understanding the new SuperManipulators.  

(and for those of you who haven't bought it yet, I hope you find this video enticing. :)

Thanks Dan.  Good info on the mouse manipulators, as well as getting a better idea of the cockpit graphics. I was curious about that, because I hadn't seen enough interior screenshots. I'm now convinced enough, to purchase this product.