Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

USB headset and loudspeakers in use

Hello all,

following problem I'm dealing with: I have a very nice Logitech USB headset that I want to use when flying, from doors closed until completing the shutdown checklist. Other than that, the sound should come out of the loudspeakers. Now I start FS with the headset unplugged and do the normal pre-flight flows. However, when I plug it in, I am unable to get sound through it despite changing the source in FSX tone menu and in the PMDG 737 sound menu (within the CDU). Only way I've found is to re-load the flight (not an option really). Any remedy to this? Thank you very much in advance.

Must ask teh question but why do you disconnect the headset any way you are asking for problems. Just leave it plugged in and set all souds to go though it in FSx sound menu. Also do you run win 7. If so in ontrol panel, sound, select the speakers properties and in teh advanced tab untick the Allow application to take exclusive control, do same for headset. The problem with not having teh headset plugged in at the start, is fsx would not see it as a device so wont recognise it, i have teh same issue with bluetooth speakes and web browser, i have to enable the speakers before I start the webbrowers or it wont swich.

I use FS2Crew, which outputs some sound to the headset and the voices, the rest of the sound to the speakers. If I start FSX with the headphones not plugged in, I get issues, so always start with it plugged in.

You can also have this problem if you're watching videos online, say Youtube, then connect your headset or maybe a HDMI, the output can not be diverted till you refresh the page

Thanks guys!

Must ask teh question but why do you disconnect the headset any way you are asking for problems.

I've experimented a bit and that turned out to be the solution. Simply having it plugged in before starting FSX and then there's no problem at all switching between sources. I am still considering getting an adapter so that I can plug into the loudspeakers, which would make things even easier.