Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FS9 CTD after installing font?

Wow is me! now that FS9 was working flawlessly after reinstall a few weeks ago and all addons I am getting CTD loading base scenery (KSEA and C172).  When loading "free flight" the bar appears to load scenery, textures, and when it starts loading weather, it stops and crashes, or sometimes it make to KSEA and run normally for about 40 seconds before CTD.  The only thing I can think of is I added a new font "IRS_TIF" which was to be used with PSS T7. This font was loaded into windows fonts. It appears after loading this font the CTD's started.  I deleted the font but still have CTD as stated above. The only other possibility was trying to copy and paste the T7 over to the FS9 from a backup.  The T7 has now been deleted just in case that contributed to the problem.  I did F1 registry fixer,to no avail.  I tried different airports but same problem . I have looked over the guide but now need some help. One final note, FS9 is installed on a separate HD.  It should also be noted that there is no problem reaching the "free flight".

I hope this makes sense on what is occurring and would appreciate any help.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Folks I may have solved the problem. I got to the KSEA and enabled "render to texture" before it did a ctd.  Now I am not sure why that may have caused the problem but at least I have been able to fly briefly with other craft and airports and no CTD.  After many hours of trouble shooting I do hope this was the problem.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I hope that was the fix for your problem.  Thanks for posting your solution.  If it happens again, you should download and run AppCrashView.  It will show you the faulting module that can provide a hint as to exactly what caused the crash.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide.  The solutions and probable causes are applicable for FS9 too in most cases.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10