Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Axford

Sun doesn't set

Hi,

I am having a problem with FSX where my sun doesn't fully set. If I set the time to night the sun will have set. However if I fly during the day for a duration which leads me into the night, the sun will be low in the sky but It will never fully set. I have flown past mid night and it still doesn't set. Has anybody else had this problem or know what is causing it?

Thanks in advance

Jacob

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.

Whereabouts in the world are you flying?

In the summer, at high altitude and northerly latitudes, this would not be unusual.

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back! This is taking place in Europe. I've launched on stand at EGCC and increased the time speed to observe whether it still occurred and I had the same problem.

Jacob

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.

I had this issue once with a particular set of REX night textures where I would see some sunlight at two in the morning in Dallas. I could not actually see the sun itself, but there was light coming from the horizon. It had me stumped for days until I finally tried using some different night sky textures and that fixed it for me.

Are you using any aftermarket sky textures that come with night textures? If so, try installing some other night textures to see if that fixes it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I had this issue once with a particular set of REX night textures where I would see some sunlight at two in the morning in Dallas. I could not actually see the sun itself, but there was light coming from the horizon. It had me stumped for days until I finally tried using some different night sky textures and that fixed it for me.

Are you using any aftermarket sky textures that come with night textures? If so, try installing some other night textures to see if that fixes it.

Problem solved. I personally thought it was FS Real Time but it was the textures. Thanks for your help!

Jacob

Problem solved.

Just out of interest, what did you change? (REX user here too)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Problem solved. I personally thought it was FS Real Time but it was the textures. Thanks for your help!

Jacob

No problem, glad that was it. When it happened to me a long time ago I was about to pull my hair out trying to figure out what had happened.

You can still use the day REX textures and just use the other ones for the sunsets, sunrises and night time if you want.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator