Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

Coming Up From Dreamfoil

Schweizer 300CBi

Been following this one for a while,It's been in development off and on for over 5 yrs but has gotten alot of attention from Fred as of late.I'm hoping this means it's coming soonish.Here are some recent WIP Shots

5vnfc5.jpg

241t310.jpg

If you've never flown any of Dreamfoils Helo's in XPlane you're really missing out on a lot of fun.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Looks very nice and detailed.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Looks like it's an RC model.

Bob

Haha!! YES...We're going to need a pilot :)

Patrick

Night Lighting :)

34t690h.jpg

Patrick

That looks pretty cool. I don't have X-plane, but I've become quite interested in flight simulation helicopters. How does one work the throttle in a piston heli like that, without having a twist grip throttle on their collective lever? The only heli's I've flown in sims (FSX and DCS) have turbine engines and a governor, so all I have to work is the collective and the throttle takes care of itself. What kind of control arrangement do people use in order to control the throttle and collective simultaneously with their left hand?

Helos in XP are difficult I've found without proper controls.

I have the DF AStar and it's a nightmare to fly well... All I have is ms ffb2 stick with saitek pedals ch throttle

If anyone has any tips I'm all ears

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Helos in XP are difficult I've found without proper controls.

I have the DF AStar and it's a nightmare to fly well... All I have is ms ffb2 stick with saitek pedals ch throttle

If anyone has any tips I'm all ears

Ryan,

Dreamfoil are actively working on an update for the AS350 that will address the control issues, by re-coding the stability augmentation to be compatible with the latest XP versions.

In the meanwhile, open the Plane-Maker, go to 'Expert' -> 'VTOL or Helo Controls' and in the 'Extra Inputs for Props' tab change 'PITCH then ROLL cyclic' to 10.0 and 03.0 (defaults are 15.0 and 07.0 IIRC). You can change these values to whatever suits you best. Problem solved!

That looks pretty cool. I don't have X-plane, but I've become quite interested in flight simulation helicopters. How does one work the throttle in a piston heli like that, without having a twist grip throttle on their collective lever? The only heli's I've flown in sims (FSX and DCS) have turbine engines and a governor, so all I have to work is the collective and the throttle takes care of itself. What kind of control arrangement do people use in order to control the throttle and collective simultaneously with their left hand?

They're incredibly realistic,Quite a Challenge but very rewarding when you can stabilize them.Rudder Pedals are a Must IMO

Patrick

Looks amazing. A first helicopter purchase for me.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Looks really amazing.

One of the reasons why I've been looking at  X-Plane for so long, and why I finally took advantage of the Steam sale, was the Dreamfoil offerings.  I fly helicopters in FSX quite a bit, and also in DCS once in awhile, so I've always been eager to find out how helicopter flying is on this platform.

So last night, after much deliberation, I took the plunge on the Dreamfoil R22.  I debated about it for a bit; I wanted something simple to get used to flying in X-Plane with, and I also wanted something different than the Dodo 206 or the MV 407, both of which get a decent amount of flight time. At the time of release, I noted that the R22 received rave reviews from pilots familiar with the type, and I also noted that it has had a very recent update.  So my $30 was spent. ^_^

All I can say is, wow.... Absolutely amazing.  Very impressed with the quality of the simulation, and the immersion is something else entirely.  From the constant vibration, to the scrape of the skids on the ground when setting down roughly, to the lovely rough, slightly throaty sound given off by the engine, I was absolutely enthralled....

Anyhow, sorry for getting off topic, but although the R22 was my first, it certainly won't be my last Dreamfoil purchase.  I'll be looking at the 300CBi with wallet in hand on release!!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.