Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Takeoff brief transcript

Hi FS2Crew team

Do you have anywhere a transcript of takeoff & approach brief available for 737 NGX? 

I would like to take my sim to next level and read the brief by myself. I like what is said in fs2crew when playing briefing for US and EU versions but I cannot understand all words clearly (I'm not a native). 

So I would appreciate if someone could share the transcript for takeoff and approach

Well I will just try to write from what I hear in fs2crew and get it correct thanks

Are you after a transcript specifically or a list of items generally included in a brief?

In real life briefs can and do vary from sector to sector and sometimes even pilot to pilot.

i understand. I really liked what is said in fs2crew and just needed transcript to memorise it. I'm no real pilot but that would add some immersion for me :)

No problems at all.

The easiest thing to do is open the panel and just read from top to bottom, remembering that you need to start with "Are you ready for the departure/approach brief" and finish with "Any questions?"

The only additional information we normally include in a brief (that's not included in the FS2Crew briefings) is chart specific information (i.e. SIDs/STARs/Approaches/Etc).

I'll try and give you a basic brief (remembering my comment that things can and do change each sector) based on the options set in the FS2Crew Manual Briefing Panel Description:

Takeoff:

"We'll be using noise abatement departure procedure 1. We will be departing via the ATC assigned SID. Flaps will be set to 5, the runway is dry and anti ice is not required. The bleeds will be on.

Approach:

"We will be arriving via ATC vectors for an ILS approach. The runway is dry and anti-ice is not required. Landing flaps will be 30 and we'll be using manual braking. Bleeds will be on and we will be descending to a decision height of 200 feet"

The only big addition to what's in FS2Crew that we normally do is briefing charts such as the SID, STAR and Approach chart. Some brief the expected taxi route and you'd normally also include the target speeds (V1, VR, V2) and initial ATC altitude limit (if you've been given one). You'd also consider what you would do if you had an Engine Failure.

There are plenty of YouTube videos available of crews completing briefs and can be adapted to suit your needs. Remember that the brief is as much for you as it is for the First Officer. It's a description of your intended plan to get to where you want to end up (either cruise or a safe landing) starting from the initial point (take-off roll/STAR entry waypoint) and ending at the completion of the SID/landing (or even shutting down at the gate). If you made a list of things to do for the day, you start at the start and finish at the end.

Hopefully that helps, and if you require any further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Wow! This is great information thank you! It was great experience and practice to start doing my own briefings based on what you said here - I really appreciate it! Can't become real pilot but this is getting me closer to real feeling :)

OK 

I actually decided to do it by myself and here is the effect: 

Are you ready for the takeoff brief? 
OK, I will be the pilot flying. This will be a standard takeoff using NADP ... . We will use Flaps ... for takeoff. Runway condition is ... Anti Ice is not required/required. We will takeoff by SID/Vectors. Bleeds will be on/off.
For the takeoff safety brief: 
From 0 to 100 knots for any malfunction I will call reject and we will confirm the autobrakes are operating. If not operating I will apply maximum manual breaking and maximum symmetric reverse thrust and come to a full stop on the runway. After full stop on the runway we decide on course of further actions. From 100 knots to V1 I will rejected only for one of the following reasons: engine fire, engine failure or takeoff configuration warning horn. At and above V1 we will continue into the air and the only actions for you below 400 feet are to silence any alarm bells and confirm any failures. 
Above 400 feet I will call for failure action drills as required and you'll perfrom memory items. at 800 feet above field elevation I will call for altitude hold and we will retract the flaps on schedule. 
At 1500 feet  I will call for the checklist. If we are above maximum landing weight we'll make decision on wether to perform an overweight landing if the situation requires. 
If we have a wheel well, engine or wing fire I will turn the aircraft in such a way the flames will be downwind and we will evacuate through the upwind side. If we have a cargo fire you need to ensure emergency services do not open the cargo doors until evac is completed. Any questions? 

Hope anyone can find it useful. 

BTW - in the beginning FS2Crew PF says "We have no M E L issues today" - can someone explain what does it mean? 

I started this topic a few days ago and got a good response from pilots 

Pre takeoff briefing

http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/561898-pre-takeoff-brief.html

From my Ryanairs FCOM 

The following non-standard items should be included in the briefing
when necessary:
• Full thrust
• Wet speeds
• Bleeds off
• Anti-ice on
• Emergency turn
• Takeoff alternate required
• Significant weather
• Autopilot engagement altitude ___ ft. (To be included in the briefing
if autopilot will not be selected at 1500 feet.)
......set takeoff thrust by 60kts, call 80kts, V1 and rotate. Before V1, if
I/you call “ABANDON,” I/you will simultaneously:
• Close the thrust levers and disengage the autothrottle
• RTO braking or apply max manual braking as required,
• Manually raise the speed brake lever,
• Apply max reverse thrust and stop the aircraft. I/you will set the
parking brake and I/you will select flaps 40.
Note: When the airplane is on the ground, the captain is considered
the PF and will direct the F/O to accomplish checklists. Before
continuing with an evacuation, it is expected the crew will
complete any recall items as required.
“If we decide to evacuate the aircraft, I/you will verify flaps 40, select
pressurization selector to manual, open the outflow valve and notify the
tower. I/you will verify that the parking brake is set, speed brake lever
is down, engine start levers to cut off, announce the evacuation and pull
all engine and APU fire warning switches. If an APU or Engine Fire
light is illuminated, rotate and hold the related Fire switch (1 second).”
If time permits, I/you will read the Evacuation Drill Challenge and
Response items. I/you will confirm that the check item has been
completed correctly.
“If the call before V1 is “KEEP GOING” there will be no actions taken
below 400’ AGL, except to cancel any warnings and raise the landing
gear with a positive rate of climb. Above 400’ AGL, and when the
aircraft is under control, complete the recall items. At MFRA, I/you
will call “BUG UP” and retract the flaps on schedule. When the flaps
are up with no lights, select LVL CHG and MCT, engage the autopilot
and climb to MSA. Be alert for incapacitation.”
The standard PA announcement by the flight crew to initiate an
evacuation is “THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, EVACUATE THE
AIRCRAFT USING ALL AVAILABLE EXITS, THIS IS AN
EMERGENCY, EVACUATE THE AIRCRAFT USING ALL
AVAILABLE EXITS.”

Vernon Howells

BTW - in the beginning FS2Crew PF says "We have no M E L issues today" - can someone explain what does it mean? 

MEL stands for Minimum Equipment List and is a document produced by the manufacturer (sometimes varied by the operator in conjunction with the local aviation safety authority) that lists the systems that have enough redundancy to allow continued safe operation if a system malfunctions. It spells out the operational and maintenance requirements, how many is the minimum for dispatch and a maximum time period the "MEL" is allowed to continue until it has to be fixed before any further flight. It usually only applies to systems that have multiple backup systems (it does sometimes include things that don't have multiples but may have significant restrictions). An MEL differs from the QRH in that the QRH deals with a situation immediately whereas the MEL applies to subsequent dispatch post a malfunction. It allows the aircraft to continue operating if parts aren't immediately available or you happen to be in a port that doesn't have maintenance facilities. 

It also includes some cabin and passenger convenience items such as a damaged seatbelt or a blown globe in a reading lamp. In the case of a damaged seatbelt it may say something along the lines of "... the aircraft may continue to operate for a period of 3 days provided the broken seat is not occupied and it is marked as not to be occupied." 

Some MELs impose significant performance limitations (such as reducing the maximum allowable take-off weight) so the statement "we have no MEL issues today" simply means there are no MELs on the aircraft that will affect the departure. Something like a broken seatbelt would be notified to the Cabin Manager at first flight, but doesn't need to be mentioned at every departure.

Thanks Pilot. I am really impressed with the knowledge you have. Now back to FCTM... ;)