Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

UTX vs Vector - which one?

Guys, just really quick. Is UTX better performing than Vector? I'm on a lower end box (for today's standards) and VAS usage is mega important to me. UTX or stay with Vector?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I originally used GEX with UTX, but I converted to FTX Global + Vector last September. I'm not looking back.

I use FTXG too, but a while back I've read on here that UTX v2.1 blows Vector out of the water in terms of performance, can't find that post now. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I use FTXG too, but a while back I've read on here that UTX v2.1 blows Vector out of the water in terms of performance, can't find that post now. 

I've been searching the forums for that post as well. I think I found (not sure) http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464216-ultimate-terrain-vs-orbx-products/

I have FTX Global and FTX Vector on my FSX-SE installed but for my jfrsh copy of P3D I'll be trying FTX Global plus UTX 2.1. The good thing about

UTX is that you can try it out for 30 days and if you are not happy, you can return it. Not so with FTX Vector.

Which textures do you have or planning on getting?  I just realized that you have FTX Global.

On my PC (using P3D btw), performance is about the same. Sorry I can't give a definitive answer.

UTX and FTXG.. UTX uses more current data and also Vector is a VAS hog.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I say UTX because it already incorporates the landclass. Although I use GEX + UTX, I tried UTX+FS Global and it worked just fine. (FSX, not P3D, but same products)

Isn't Vector's data upgraded over time, and not just once at release?

Vic,

Which landclass do you use with that combination?

I thought FTX Global replaced the textures and didn't follow standards, so that if you use anything but FTX landclass, it won't show properly.

UTX and FTXG.. UTX uses more current data and also Vector is a VAS hog.

Vic

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Guest Mik75

I cannot comment on the VAS usage, but FPS wise, Vector performs better together with FTX Global than UTX Europe, coupled with FTX Global.

I'm in this position at the moment: I own FTX Global and OpenLC Europe and can't decide between FTX Vector and Ultimate Terrain X 2 Europe (UTX). There isn't much difference in price at the moment owing to Flight Sim Stores 33% off sale. I mainly fly in Europe.

Vector represents better value for money if you fly in multiple continents, if you tend to stick in one area UTX might work out cheaper.

From what I've read and the comparisons I've seen, UTX's vector data is superior with better coverage of minor roads and railways, and the landclass includes smaller towns and villages that are omitted by OpenLC. I've also read that UTX uses less memory than Vector (no idea what the actual numbers are though). And it would seem UTX's streetlighting is much preferred too.

However, as has been pointed out OpenLC includes additional landclasses that work in conjunction with FTXG textures, so at the moment I think the best combination maybe Global+OpenLC+UTX (for its vector data alone).

I wonder what others think to that above combination? I've still not purchased UTX or Vector yet, I have until the end of the month to decide!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Alright, I'm going to give UTX a shot. I already owned their version 1.x in FSX, but I didn't have it installed in P3D. Any ideas if I have to install version 1.x into P3D to use a reinstall coupon to get half off?

Jacek G.