Sign in to follow this  
lharv71

Track IR 5 Issues w/P3D

I am having issues with Track IR 5 freezing or getting application error while flying VRS TacPack in P3D. While fiying approx. 20 - 30 min. into flight my TIR will stop working. The green lights will remain on until I reboot, and P3D will continue working. Or I will get an Application Error/Memory Error, still I can click OK and TIR will quit working but P3D still works.

My System;

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

32 GB RAM

2 - 250GB Samsung 850 SSD

Radeon R9 280x 3GB RAM

VRS TACPACK & Superbug

P3D

Track IR5

X-55 Rhino HOTAS

I have already verified that USB is turned on continous and Windows does not control power; Track IR 5 plugged into USB 2.0, X-55 Rhino Plugged into USB 2.0 Power Hub. I have also verified that Triple Buffering is turned Off.

Please Help

99% of the time I have no problem with TIR but occasionally it will freeze. What I do is this:

1) ctl-alt-del and open Task Manager

2) locate the TIR5 Process and end it,

now the next steps are important to do quickly

3) Start TIR and IMMEDIATELY <-----IMPORTANT - when you see the opening screen, click the X and close it

4) You will see the "closing clients" dialog and TIR will close.

5) Start TIR again and you should be good to go.

It's troublesome but it's better than aborting the flight and rebooting.

HTH,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have heard from others, and have now adopted it, running Track IR at High Priority.  Haven't had a freeze in ages however YMMV.

I have heard from others, and have now adopted it, running Track IR at High Priority. Haven't had a freeze in ages however YMMV.

Yep, that's the way I launch my TrackIr software. 99% of the time, it works fine. In 1% situation, it hangs. But if I launch it without my High Priority shortcut, 50% of the time, the TrackIR software will hang.

Check : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427764-trackir-high-priority-for-stutterfree-looking-around/

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio