Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ya gotta love that Shaders File

There is a man and woman hiding in my engine.  He's wearing a cool pair of boots and combats.  

I have mastered the location of my Shaders File.

Why would the pilots be there?  Not better in the boot at least?    

17906554138_ecbbb6c296_o.jpg

Elaine, that's the method modelers use to "hide" the pilot figures when not needed. Characters that are animated using skinned-bones cannot be hidden from view using a <Visibility> tag, but have to be tucked away in some part of the model that's not normally visible, such as the engine compartment in this instance,

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Elaine, that's the method modelers use to "hide" the pilot figures when not needed. Characters that are animated using skinned-bones cannot be hidden from view using a <Visibility> tag, but have to be tucked away in some part of the model that's not normally visible, such as the engine compartment in this instance,

I didn't know that,   i often laughed to myself the couple of times ive seen it but never fast enough to catch a a pic.  Fascinating stuff,  thanks for the explanation Bill    :rolleyes:

Elaine, you would really laugh if you were able to see how one pilot figure I used is displayed...

You see, there was nowhere suitable for hiding the pilot, so I used the bone animations to "deflate" the pilot (shrinking the bones) so that the resulting "deflated pilot" figure was hidden inside the seat cushion. Fortunately, "inflating" is instantaneous, so no one would ever notice the "inflation..." :LMAO: 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

the resulting "deflated pilot" figure was hidden inside the seat cushion.

Brilliant!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Elaine, you would really laugh if you were able to see how one pilot figure I used is displayed...

You see, there was nowhere suitable for hiding the pilot, so I used the bone animations to "deflate" the pilot (shrinking the bones) so that the resulting "deflated pilot" figure was hidden inside the seat cushion. Fortunately, "inflating" is instantaneous, so no one would ever notice the "inflation..." :LMAO: 

That's brilliant bill lol  

Hovercraft . . . . . . . , with very odd passenger seating?

Regards,

P.S. Thanks for the very informative explanation Bill.

There is a man and woman hiding in my engine.  He's wearing a cool pair of boots and combats.  

I have mastered the location of my Shaders File.

Why would the pilots be there?  Not better in the boot at least?    

All kidding aside, it looks like  you installed the Shader 3 file. To use that and also be able you switch to DX10 add the following 2 lines to the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg file.

ALLOW_SHADER_20=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

All kidding aside, it looks like  you installed the Shader 3 file. To use that and also be able you switch to DX10 add the following 2 lines to the Graphics section of the FSX.cfg file.

ALLOW_SHADER_20=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

Thank you Tom for that.   If i Add them two lines, what will they do?    As far as i know i have DX10 switched off in my Rex Texture,  would i be right in saying that??     It was making my Sun look weird with a big purple square around it.  Probably not connected at all.  

Thank you Tom for that.   If i Add them two lines, what will they do?    As far as i know i have DX10 switched off in my Rex Texture,  would i be right in saying that??     It was making my Sun look weird with a big purple square around it.  Probably not connected at all.  

You should see a plane again, and any other graphic glitches corrected, unless your shaders are truly corrupted, and then you should rebuild them.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d