Sign in to follow this  

Dumb question I'm sure...

Once I've selected live weather mode on ASN and launched the simulator, which weather settings in the FSX menu should I select to allow ASN to work correctly?

Isn't it explained in the users manual? I don't use ASN but I would think the settings you have to set in FSX would be explained.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

inigo

essentially ASN in any weather mode "overwrites" the FSX weather engine ..... what you see in FSX is set by ASN's many options (cloud layers, visibility range etc.)

it is recommended to start FSX with clear skies for a smoother / correct injection of textures ... which are those installed in the FSX library by itself or other addons.

when using real weather though you should set FSX time to the real local of where your plane is to properly see diurnal affects.

for now, cheers

john martin

Oh really? I thought for ASN you needed to select "User-Defined weather" under the weather setting? I'm sure I read that in the manual? I do that, and it does give me the weather ASN is displaying for that airport in the application itself

Dumb question I'm sure...

Once I've selected live weather mode on ASN and launched the simulator, which weather settings in the FSX menu should I select to allow ASN to work correctly?

You don't need to set anything in the FSX weather menu, ASN overrides it completely. Best thing to do is start ASN in whatever mode you want, then start FSX, select your aircraft, location and time and date, but don't go into the weather menu, just leave it alone.

AS2012 used to make the FSX weather window say User Defined Weather but ASN doesn't do this, but that doesn't mean it's not working. Also, make sure if your using FSUIPC that you don't use any of the features in the weather tab

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

AS2012 used to make the FSX weather window say User Defined Weather but ASN doesn't do this, but that doesn't mean it's not working. Also, make sure if your using FSUIPC that you don't use any of the features in the weather tab

That would be why I thought you had to select User-Defined. Good to know it's changed

I'm having a problem with my asn. Suddenly it's not updating automatically every 5 mins.

Some help please

14ppkc-6.png

I'm having a problem with my asn. Suddenly it's not updating automatically every 5 mins.

Some help please

Hello!

Please feel free to open a support ticket and we can assist you directly. You can open a support ticket at: http://support.hifitechinc.com/ .

If you open a support ticket, please include your most recent session logs, you can access your logs by opening ASN-->Tools-->Export Logs.

Thank you!

If I may, I wondered the same thing when I first started to use ASN.  I would start up ASN, look at the weather for a particular airport and notice that at the bottom of the window, it states "waiting for simulator", so I fired up the sim and at the main screen for selecting your aircraft, airport, etc., over at the weather section, it is showing "Active Sky Next Weather Theme", meaning that the sim recognizes that ASN is connected directly.

When I am in my aircraft at an airport, I can see the current weather and it will change during a flight, depending on how long the flight is as well as how often the weather is set to update (within ASN).

Hope that helps...

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit