Hello everyone,

I have recently run asn on a networked pc.  It says sim connected and all the files are shared and writable.  When I run test using manual weather, using the rain drops preset, the clouds pop up, but the rain doesn't come.  The tarmac turns all shiney, but no rain falls.  When I go into map, no rain shows up on the display (dbz turned on)  All the ports are unblocked.

Thanks in advance,

I would drop a post over on the HiFi forums. I've always had good experiences with them, they usually respond pretty quick and provide good support.

Cheers!

Maarten

I will, I just want to get an idea from the fantastic community here first.  B)

Matthew,buddy, don't tell me you running your simulation at the work place... If so,hats off to you, you have a special passion for the simulation world.      :BigGrin:  :American Flag:

Cheers

john.

Ha ha, no, I'm just a typical American kid, in middle school, so no simulator here.  I have access to a computer at only two times in the school, hence the long time between posts.  :lol:

at home though, I fly domestic routes in the day in America and Europe, and run long haul when I sleep at night.  My parent's say I'm addicted, and I agree...

So the METAR string says RA (for rain)?  ie: 

KIAH 260238Z COR 31006KT 1SM +TSRA SCT009 BKN017CB OVC027 19/18 A2992 RMK AO2 PK WND 35027/0202 WSHFT 0146 PRESFR CONS LTGICCCCG

Decoded textual weather for KIAH

Wind: 310 at 6 knots 
Visibility: 1.0 SM (1609 m)
Clouds: Broken at 1700 feet, Broken at 9000 feet
Temperature: 19.0C
Dewpoint: 18.0C
Precipitation: Heavy rain 
Altimeter: 1013 mb (29.92 inches)
Thunderstorms in the vicinity

Do you experience rain when you are not using ASN?  A common reason you may not be seeing the correct weather is because the default port -19284 TCP is being blocked by your firewall or by another application.  You could try changing the port settings for ASN and see if that changes anything.

If that doesn't fix it then head over to HiFi and submit a ticket:  http://support.hifitechinc.com/Tickets/Submit

\Robert Hamlich/

I have started a ticket and forum post there and they told me to do the same thing.  There is rain in the metar, and the ground is wet with precip, but no actual precip falling from the sky.  I changed the radar port to no avail, unblocking everything again.  Rain falls when I use asn on the same computer as fsx so I know it's a network problem.  Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,

What about when you are not using ASN, is there rain in default mode?  What kind of textures do you have installed, are they default or from an addon?  I'll do some digging and see what I find.  In the meantime you could ask for a one on one session with the dev's, they do help a lot of users that way.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Yes, I get rain on default weather.  If I use asn on the fsx computer, I get rain from that too, so it's not a fsx problem I don't think.  I use rex texture direct and dx10 with steve's dx0 fixer.  Rain works great with these addons (given that asn in on the same computer as fsx)  How would I as for one on one with the dev's?  I have already started a forum thread and sent a ticket to hifi.  Do I just ask through the ticket?

Thanks for the help,

Do I just ask through the ticket?

Yep, just ask for a one-on-one session.  

\Robert Hamlich/