Sign in to follow this  
asanal

How can I install Orbx global and Vector to FSX:E

I keep reading , most of posts,  regarding ORBX installation to FSX-SE. Unfortunately either I wasn't able to follow up instruction  or installation failed.

I really appreciate it, if you can give me basic instruction to Install Global/Vector to FSX:SE.  :wub:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Never ceases to amaze me that some people have so many problems with Orbx. I've done dozens and dozens of installs.....into FSX, P3D and now FSX:SE and never once had any difficulty.

So.....

1. Download the compressed file from FSS

2. Extract to your desktop. This can take a while....sometimes half an hour for a really big file. It is not ready until the install file shows the FSS logo. Having all this on your desktop makes it easy to see when it IS ready!

3. Double click the install file and simply follow the instructions. Again, this can all take quite a while

4. Install the latest Orbx libraries available from their website.

5. Read the manual to find the correct settings

6. Fly!

Just a couple of pointers also. I have UAC permanently turned off; if you don't then you need to make sure at 3 you install as administrator (right click the icon and select). Also, it is always best to disable any virus scan when installing or at least disable real time scanning as otherwise your install may fail.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

The biggest issue that user  having  issues  is  they still use the default  unzipping  tool  and the same  with downloading

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Of course, if we actually knew what the OP's problem was rather than "installation failed" then we might be able to offer specific advice!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

uncle_adolph

Thanks for your response. I downloaded Orbix Global base to Desktop and clicked  FSS to extract/install same screen appeared without option for FSX:SE?

http://imageshack.com/a/img909/6213/5vMVJg.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

You need to select FSX.....as shown.

Orbx are not doing quad installers (ie to differentiate between FSX and FSX:SE) as their recommendation is to install one or the other which makes the differentiation immaterial. I have FSX:SE installed and can confirm that is the correct selection.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Clive, thanks for responding my post. I checked the "link". I have a problem there.  My "Registry Editor" starts with HKEY_ . His  asking to navigate to  HKLM_.

There I stopped.

uncle_adolph

I selected FSX and Installed. I started FSX and check library list Orbx-Global was there,

I closed FSX and started FSX:SE check the library Orbx_global was not there.

Did I miss some thing.

Ahmet Sanal

Clive, thanks for responding my post. I checked the "link". I have a problem there.  My "Registry Editor" starts with HKEY_ . His  asking to navigate to  HKLM_.

There I stopped.

uncle_adolph

I selected FSX and Installed. I started FSX and check library list Orbx-Global was there,

Did I miss some thing.

You mean you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed? Why?

FSX and FSX:SE use completely different directories so what you have installed into one will not appear in the other. Orbx will automatically pick up the correct directory based on the entries in your registry.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

I installed FSX, I cannot direct the installation to FSX:SE directories. That is my problem.

Ahmet Sanal

There I stopped.

uncle_adolph

Did I miss some thing.

Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 

HKLM  = HKEY_local_machine

Hope that helps

I also have both FSX and FSX:SE installed and now I can install directly to SE no problems. 

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

If you change the registry to point to SE then everything will install to SE and NOT FSX, unless there is an option in the installer to point it to another folder.

Also remember that the scenery.cfg for SE is in a different folder also.

Changing the registry is only for installing scenery etc that are not 'SE' compatible. So if you install a scenery that is for FSX 'only' then you will have to manually add it to your SE scenery config file.

I use 'scenery config editor' which you can get from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/v1.1.2/

Make managing scenery very easy and painless

I still have FSX installed but am slowly re-installing into SE; as I do so I then delete the FSX version.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

How shall I change registry to point to SE?

I never  touched  egistry  formats.

Ahmet Sanal

I too have both FSX editions, but regedit only shows FSX, not SE. I am holding off on dumping FSX, until all my addons are compatible with SE. The only two programs left, are ORBX, and EFB. And I have a work around for EFB. I tried uninstalling FSX, but there remains a reg. issue.  Thanks S. Sumner

Steve Sumner