Sign in to follow this  
srborick

The New Faster, Leaner Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is Now Available for Your Input

This new topic has been kindly granted through the permission of the AVSIM Staff member Jim “firehawk44”. – Thank You Jim

The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium’s move is completed and you are all invited to become a part of the discussion geared towards the planning and development of a community driven flight simulator. You can find it by going to nexgenflightsim (you know the rest).

The NGFS SIM-Posium Home Page provides you with access to Articles regarding why a next generation flight simulator is needed, Old technologies vs New, How we, as a community can work together to make a next generation flight simulator a possibility, as well as information regarding CrowdSourcing and how CrowdFunding can provide the means to accomplish the communities goals. There is no need to register to gain access to this information.

The new NGFS Forum is where you can add your ideas, your opinions, your moans and your groans, your enthusiasm, and much more. You're invited to participate in the forums through registration. To access the forum, click on the Forum Menu on the Main menu bar... bookmark the forum to bypass the front portal... if you wish... and go directly to the NGFS Forum for frequent visits.

New "Articles" announcements will be made in the forum, which you can read at your leisure. 

If you are at all interested in the future of consumer oriented flight simulation, you owe it to yourself to become a part of the NGFS SIM-Posium and part of the conversation. Your participation can lend to the overall consensus of what a next generation flight simulator should consist of, how it should be created, by whom, how and when.

At the very least… hop on the site, read the 4 must reads and learn what the NGFS SIM-Posium is all about.

It's important to know that the NGFS SIM-Posium is time sensitive. A minimum of six months has been allocated in order to gauge the "Will" of the flight simulation community and their willingness to start a movement that can grow towards the successful completion of a next generation flight simulator.

The future of flight simulators can literally be in your hands.

I want to thank all of you for your patience in what has been a rough start for the Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium as far as the hosting service is concerned. We’ve experienced Crash after Crash on the old host and quickly made the decision to move the SIM-Posium so that we could provide you with an enjoyable experience every time you visited the NGFS SIM-Posium. That has now been accomplished.

We also listened to what the community had to say regarding the overall feel of the NGFS SIM-Posium website; particularly the forum experience and we heard you. Now when you visit the SIM-Posium you’ll find a leaner, faster site with a brand new forum. All of the bulk has been removed and you’ll now find practically a clean slate for you to post topics, reply to threads, etc. etc.

Here on AVSIM, we posted the initial announcement of the Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium on May 11th and during those 15 days that announcement got a lot of attention, over 7,800 hits. That tells me two things… curiosity is high here on AVSIM… and the flight simulator community’s interest gets peaked whenever there is mention of a new flight simulator.

A lot of great comments were made in that original thread and if you’re interested in learning more about what the Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium is and what it isn’t, I highly recommend looking that thread over.

I hope all who are interested in the future of consumer oriented flight simulation and the continued development of flight simulation through the use of modern technologies will visit the site and get involved in The Next Generation Flight Simulator SIM-Posium.

Thanks Again,

Stephen Borick

NGFS SIM-Posium Host

Edited by n4gix
Edited domain name.

This new topic has been kindly granted through the permission of the AVSIM Staff member Jim “firehawk44”. – Thank You Jim

Do not know where I granted the permission but anyone can start a new topic at any time without getting my blessings first. I locked the other topic.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do not know where I granted the permission but anyone can start a new topic at any time without getting my blessings first. I locked the other topic.

Best regards,

Through the PM that we had...

The word permission was not used... but it was implied. 

Thanks again,

Stephen B.

I missed typed the domain name in the original post... it should be...

nexgenflightsim

Stephen Borick

I fixed the domain name for you, Stephen.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very cool. Do you really think this will be the next GEN in Sim aviation?

My%20Signature.jpg

What is the address of your site?

What is the address of your site?

Gerry... I don't think I can actually post a link... but the domain name is nexgenflightsim.

Just add the dot and the com and you're good to go...

I fixed the domain name for you, Stephen.

Very much appreciated...

Stephen B

Very cool. Do you really think this will be the next GEN in Sim aviation?

It certainly can happen! It's really just a matter of how enthusiastic folks get about the project and get behind the movement to create a community driven next generation flight simulator. 

Read through the 4 must reads and see if it's something you can get enthusiastic about... and if it is... get involved.

Stephen B.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Over 100 members and growing... Come join the conversation!

18 Images from UNIGINE Sim Tech Demo of Port Angeles, Washington State... in the NGFS Image Gallery (menu item TOP menu)

We're working on getting the tech demo available for download. Registered NGFS SIM-Posium members only. 

Check out the image below to see the Possibilities...

US-03.jpg

We're working on getting the tech demo available for download. Registered NGFS SIM-Posium members only. 

Favouritism huh? ;-)    

The screenshot looks great, but it might be better to be more open and to share demo/links with us here on AVSIM and other forums rather than go the 'members only' route. 

'Share and share alike' as the old saying goes ;-)

Favouritism huh? ;-)    

The screenshot looks great, but it might be better to be more open and to share demo/links with us here on AVSIM and other forums rather than go the 'members only' route. 

'Share and share alike' as the old saying goes ;-)

Two reasons...

One... it promotes activity on the NGFS SIM-Posium

Two... UNIGINE Sim asked us to provide access only on our site and to our members.

So... there you go....

Stephen Borick

Two reasons...

One... it promotes activity on the NGFS SIM-Posium

Two... it promotes activity on the NGFS SIM-Posium

:P

Prophead X...

No... UNIGINE Sim has given us access and have asked us to only provide that access on the NGFS SIM-Posium.

May I ask... what is the point of your comment?

Stephen Borick

May I ask... what is the point of your comment?

Just below my previous comment you'll see a 'smiley' face: meaning not to take said comment too seriously.