Sign in to follow this  
Francia

Prepa3d 777 discount

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to get a discount on the PMDG 777 for prepar3d, in fact I bought it for FSX but now I'm using p3d ... And I would like to flight with it again .. and spending another 90$ is a bit esagerate ..

Thank you for your answers !

Adriano 

90?  It's $134.99 USD

edited for rageful content...

It's too expensive imo

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to get a discount on the PMDG 777 for prepar3d, in fact I bought it for FSX but now I'm using p3d ... And I would like to flight with it again .. and spending another 90$ is a bit esagerate ..

Thank you for your answers !

Adriano

I just kept FSX installed and use it for all my airliners aND use p3dv2 for GA and Biz jets. Using DX10 mode via Steave's DX10 fixer,I get great cockpit shadows in the 777 and I use SweetFX to add bloom effect Ect so with these changes FSX looks just as good as P3D plus the water looks way better in FSX. I wasnt about to pay for the same plane again why they didn't offer a discount to current 777 users I'll never know.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yes, I think that PMDG forget sometimes the people that got them where they are now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

It's getting very expensive for people to deco their old FSX rigs.  There are quite a few products I'm sitting out on because of the fact that I'm still on FSX waiting.  Anything that has a dual purchase (and PMDG isn't the only one, by any means) is a non-purchase for me until I make the move in the future.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It's getting very expensive for people to deco their old FSX rigs. There are quite a few products I'm sitting out on because of the fact that I'm still on FSX waiting. Anything that has a dual purchase (and PMDG isn't the only one, by any means) is a non-purchase for me until I make the move in the future.

They may not be the only one who makes you buy a FSX or P3Dv2 version but they are the only one who charge $45 dollars extra for the P3dv2 version that's just a port over.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

They may not be the only one who makes you buy a FSX or P3Dv2 version but they are the only one who charge $45 dollars extra for the P3dv2 version that's just a port over.

No disrespect Dave but its more than a port over maybe not a ton of work but definitely not a port dont ask I how I know :)

Rich Sennett

If that's what they need to charge for their level of work then it is what it is.  It was work and work isn't free.  My point is that there's a barrier coming for people that plan to move.  That's all.  I've been wondering what the cost is with having multiple simulators all with active development going on and this is what we're going to have to deal with. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

If that's what they need to charge for their level of work then it is what it is. It was work and work isn't free. My point is that there's a barrier coming for people that plan to move. That's all. I've been wondering what the cost is with having multiple simulators all with active development going on and this is what we're going to have to deal with.

Greg that kinda attitude is why a simple Cessna costs $50 these days.the prices for addon has gone through the roof in recent years.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This is how things work in a market economy. They'll charge what the market will bear. Until people stop buying their software, there's no reason for them to offer lower prices.

NAX669.png

Greg that kinda attitude is why a simple Cessna costs $50 these days.the prices for addon has gone through the roof in recent years.

I do agree prices have been going up and I've noticed.   I buy airplanes much more rarely than I have in the past and nearly all of the scenery I get is on sale.  I used to buy airplanes quite often but this year it may be only 2.  One of those is already bought (on sale) and the other is a maybe, depending on how it is when it comes out.  I'm very picky at the prices going on these days.  Seems like the prices have been going up steadily since P3D 2.x came out.

Gregg Seipp

Seems like the prices have been going up steadily since P3D 2.x came out.

True and one would think part of the reason is these multi - installers and support for multiple platforms - thats a pretty good reason for the price increase (sorry fsx users) - its a lot more work for the developer

Rich Sennett

True and one would think part of the reason is these multi - installers and support for multiple platforms - thats a pretty good reason for the price increase (sorry fsx users) - its a lot more work for the developer

I just checked the PMDG website and the 737NGX is still the same priced I bought it for: 69.00.  Still worth it.

Gregg Seipp