Sign in to follow this  
ebawebaw

Unable to get demo working

Hi, 

installed the demo and it can not go past validating licence, then the program stops.

the log file shows 2 errors

invalid license and opusFSI licence missing.

running prepar3D 2.5 and windows 7.

yesterday tried it and it worked, 

I can not have a licence since it is a demo

I want to by it but have to be sure it works  corect.

ebaw

The log file errors are to expected as the licenses do not exist. Of course there are many thousands of people using OpusFSI every day with no problems reported so I think it's safe to say the release is functioning correctly. You should make sure you are not running an anti virus program which could be shutting the FSISERVER program down while it attempts to validate its licensing etc.. Anti virus programs should not be run with FSISERVER or the simulator. It may matter not whether you have trusted the FSISERVER program. So I would advise you terminate your AV software then Demo Mode will commence in the usual manner as soon as the sim becomes active.

Stephen :-)

I do not have a antivirus program, and no firewall set on my flightsim pc sir, so this could not be the problem

Ivo

It will of course continue to say Validating Licence until the sim is activated and the flight loaded. The errors reported in the log file are expected. If you run the sim and load the flight, then run FSISERVER, you should see it go into Demo Mode automatically.

sorry to say, but it still does not work,  

this is in the spy window, must do something wrong, but do not see it.

SIM  Operating in Prepar3D Mode

SIM  Failed to establish link 1 with Simulator

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

did everything as described in the manual

have no entry in the addon menu

can not move any camera angle

i have 3 versions of simconnect installed

FSuipc registered

i am stuck here

ivo

If you have no entry in the Addon menu then the FSISERVER is not connecting to SimConnect or you have the wrong (old) version of SimConnect installed. You could open the Spy window and it will probably show that it is not connected. Use our supplied SimConnect.msi installation file to install the latest SimConnect on your system. Once SimConnect is compatible you should get a connection shown in the Spy window and entries in the Addon menu.

Your quoted Spy window message...

SIM  Operating in Prepar3D Mode
SIM  Failed to establish link 1 with Simulator
      Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Assuming the simulator was running at this stage. Shows that there is no connection to the sim via SimConnect.

P3D does not install SimConnect so you must use our supplied SimConnect.msi.

So,

1. Install SimConnect using our supplied SimConnect.msi (just in case you have an old version, but you only want one version, the latest, installed).

2. Run the simulator and load the flight.

Then...

3. Run the FSISERVER.EXE program in its c:\OpusFSI folder.

The FSISERVER.log file will be displayed showing the licensing errors (only a warning that something is not correct). The FSISERVER program however will enter LIMITED MODE of operation and finally DEMONSTRATION MODE, the Spy window will also show the simulator mode and connection status.

Stephen

I can confirm it works just fine as I have just this minute run the program in DEMONSTRATION MODE.

Hi Stephen,

It is verry kind of you to answer my questions so quick!

I must be a pain in the ... But

I did install your SimConnect.msi

I enabled the PDK

Copied the dll

Adjusted the xml.exe

I still get validating install , it hangs there, no demo mode.

Maybe should get rid of all the SimConnect entry's and install only your version!

Do not know how it will effect my other addons

Ivo

Hi Stephen,

It is verry kind of you to answer my questions so quick!

I must be a pain in the ... But

I did install your SimConnect.msi

I enabled the PDK

Copied the dll

Adjusted the xml.exe

I still get validating install , it hangs there, no demo mode.

Maybe should get rid of all the SimConnect entry's and install only your version!

Do not know how it will effect my other addons

Ivo

Certainly P3D and all addons should use the latest SimConnect. You should remove all SimConnect versions and just install the latest using our supplied Microsoft SimConnect.msi install file.

The FSISERVER program will do exactly what you are reporting until it can successfully connect to the sim and see that the sim is active.

Hi Stephen

removed all SimConnect files , installed your version, start up p3D, load my default startup flight.

still hangs on validating license

no entry in add ons

FSIserver not responding.

running out of options here.

ivo

Then you are still not using a compatible SimConnect for OpusFSI or P3D. Hence, no valid connection, hence no addon menu initialisation and the FSISERVER remains in Validating mode ... it's waiting for a valid connection and notification that the sim is connected and active. No doubt deleting the files has not removed the invalid library.

The FSISERVER will not function until it can connect to the sim and that needs the current and valid version of SimConnect.

then I am at the end of my rope here, because I don't know how to do that.

uninstalling in the control panel should remove the old ones I thought.

opus.jpg

The Spy window will most likely just be showing you the same as before ... There is no valid SimConnect connection to the sim ... Hence it will never get out of validating licence mode as it will never know that the sim is running etc.. The latest version of SimConnect is the only library that can be used. FSISERVER and P3D needs it to communicate and nothing can work without it.

If you remove all SimConnect then the FSISERVER program should generate a TypeInitialisation error.

You may have uninstalled but the library files still obviously exist and these files are not providing a valid connection to P3D.

I would shut everything down, uninstall SimConnect, delete all SimConnect files anywhere on the system, delete all SimConnect entries and references in any P3D files, XML files etc.. Delete everything to do with SimConnect, install information, registry information, and all files.

You should then get a TypeInitialisation error when you run FSISERVER. Then I would install SimConnect using our SimConnect.msi.

Stephen

ok Sir, 

deleted all SimConnect files cleaned up the register, uninstalled prepar3d, re installed prepard3d 2.5

run the  Simconnect msi in your map

installed fsuipc latest build, no addons.

nothing.

It takes 20 secondes before any input on the FSI server program to respond, and still no entry in the addon bar.

cameras also do not work

Spy window says connected to prepar3D

only option left is a complete format c, I think I am gonna pass on that.

the strange  thing is that the first time I inistalled it it worked.

ivo

Then it still has not connected via the SimConnect link. make sure you have unticked the OpusFSI PDK option. No need to keep trying to establish the PDK interface when your SimConnect hasn't yet been established.

Once again though... No addon menu means no SimConnect link operational so the FSISERVER is not going to work as it cannot connect. I assume the Spy will also be telling you that it has no connection. Since you are not getting any TypeInitialisation errors for the FSISERVER program it looks like it can see the library. I assume you have installed as per our guide. In c:\OpusFSI etc.. So for some reason your P3D has no SimConnect. I will try the demo with P3D tomorrow to make sure everything works ok at this end as last time I tested with FSX.

No need to see if anything will work though. Nothing is active unless and until the connection is made to the sim.

Stephen

You should of course run FSISERVER demo after you have activated the sim and loaded the flight. You could also try downloading the OpusFSI.msi and uninstalling and installing that again just in case something there has become affected or a dll is incompatible.