Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ezdok vs. Opus Live Camera in P3D

I have been using EZDok since the day I moved to P3D and while I'm totally in love with EZDOK functionality (despite harsh set-up process), after 3 months of being P3D flyer I have had enough with EZDok reliability. Constant work-stops, keyboard conflicts etc. Using 1.18 beta now.

Just wondering how good OPUS is in terms of functionality/reliability

Thanks

Dmitriy

Go for it! Takes a while to get the used to after EZDOK but, well worth it.

Reliability is 100% along with support but, reading the manual is a time saver by a big margin.

Your patience will be rewarded.

Richard.

Never had any issues with 1.17 beta P3D btw.

one of my top 5 add-ons

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Does OPUS have ALL of the camera functionality of EZDOK?  What about the ability to set a world camera - which is a limitation of EZDOK in P3D?

Never had any issues with 1.17 beta P3D btw.

one of my top 5 add-ons

Michael Moe

As I said above - the functionality is brilliant. The reliability during the flights, especially a lot of random keyboard's conflicts and inability to restart the program during the flight make my experience with EZDOK a bit annoying.

As I said above - the functionality is brilliant. The reliability during the flights, especially a lot of random keyboard's conflicts and inability to restart the program during the flight make my experience with EZDOK a bit annoying.

Hi,

As i said above :-) , never have any issues so no need to to restart etc etc.

Dont know why though but 1.17 BETA just works . Did not need to reinstall it either. Just pointing to P3D.

and then using EMT with the EZCA aircraft tool every time i install a new aircraft. Even the old EZCA-FSX camera settings which i had exported works perfect

Will test world camera though

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

What I don't understand is why Opus doesn't sell their camera app alone for say half the price that they charge for the camera and AI traffic together. Many people might want to buy a camera, but not for $50 when you only use a part of the program.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What I don't understand is why Opus doesn't sell their camera app alone for say half the price that they charge for the camera and AI traffic together. Many people might want to buy a camera, but not for $50 when you only use a part of the program.  

I'm with you on this one. 

I asked the developer in this thread and got an answer http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469063-ezdok-user-thinking-about-get-opusfsi-only-for-buttkicker-control/#entry3243162

$50 is a lot. I have no interest in the weather portion of the program. if they offered the Camera portion as a discounted separate app, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

One thing to add is that the camera takes weather into account, so cloud and turbulence effects are spot on. That may be one of the reasons why it's a package...but I'm speculating. 

And to echo others, support is fantastic - there's seems to be a new beta almost every week or so.

When running with ASN producing the weather, does the OPUS camera still track turbulence?

When running with ASN producing the weather, does the OPUS camera still track turbulence?

Good question but I doubt it - Their weather and turbulence run with each other I would assume - I prefer ezdok I have a more realistic feeling of floating but this new version of ezdok 1.8 is weird - lot of conflicts with key bindings which I never had in 1.7 had to uninstall it and fix my settings again so trudging along with opus version not a lot of tweaks you can do with it - ezdok on the other hand has many - with all that said opus version just works without changing a ton of sim keys - it just works out of the box - my Gripe with opus version is it just produces a bumping sensation and not the feeling of floating which ezdok does great - just my opinion 

Rich Sennett

Good question but I doubt it - Their weather and turbulence run with each other I would assume - I prefer ezdok I have a more realistic feeling of floating but this new version of ezdok 1.8 is weird - lot of conflicts with key bindings which I never had in 1.7 had to uninstall it and fix my settings again so trudging along with opus version not a lot of tweaks you can do with it - ezdok on the other hand has many - with all that said opus version just works without changing a ton of sim keys - it just works out of the box - my Gripe with opus version is it just produces a bumping sensation and not the feeling of floating which ezdok does great - just my opinion 

Opus works fine with ASN Rich. The dev made it so about a year ago. I use it with ASN and works great. The bumping option can be turned off. it is very customizable. When you hit CAT, you know it using Opus cams. Also Cockpit vibration is to me one of it's best features.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Opus works fine with ASN Rich. The dev made it so about a year ago. I use it with ASN and works great. The bumping option can be turned off. it is very customizable. When you hit CAT, you know it using Opus cams. Also Cockpit vibration is to me one of it's best features.

Julian thanks good to know - learn something new every day

Rich Sennett

Interesting...please update us on this feature if you try Rich.  Your thoughts appreciated...