Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Which license to purchase.

Hi, I'm just starting to look at P3D now and would like to get some advise on what license to purchase? At the moment I have a very nicely running dx10 fsx with all orbx, pmdg, fscrew, asn, etc etc, so what would be the licence to buy? Or does it make a difference? To be steered in right direction would be good.

Cheers Rod.

The pro version is the same as the academic, the only difference is a very small word 'academic' in the top right corner of the screen, for the rest its the same.

Cheers!

Maarten

Buy Academic license. B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Read the different EULAs and decide which is revelant to your situation. Only you can do that.

"At the moment I have a very nicely running dx10 fsx with all orbx, pmdg, fscrew, asn, etc etc"

stay where you are :ph34r:

ZORAN

As Gerry said, once you've read them, purchase whichever sits best with your circumstances and conscience (as it is entirely possible that you fit more than one category).

As Maarten said, unless you go above the Pro licence, there is no functionality difference beyond the wording "Academic Licence" in the top right corner of the screen, but if you were a likely candidate for the higher licence levels, you wouldn't be asking here.

"At the moment I have a very nicely running dx10 fsx with all orbx, pmdg, fscrew, asn, etc etc"

stay where you are :ph34r:

Or dual install  :ph34r:

Thanks for the quick replies guy"s, for the moment I think the dual install sounds like me for a start so I can just ease into the p3 d world and see how we go, the academic sounds good enough for me.

Thanks Rod.

The P3D website is quite clear on licenses.

You can only purchase the academic license if you are an undergraduate student, a K-12 student or are involved in any K-12 after school programs, otherwise you have to purchase either the Professional License or the Professional Plus License.

Have to purchase, or should purchase?

Popcororn time again!

The licence police are on the prowl again!! :t0105:

:Cry:   :t0152:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The P3D website is quite clear on licenses.

You can only purchase the academic license if you are an undergraduate student, a K-12 student or are involved in any K-12 after school programs, otherwise you have to purchase either the Professional License or the Professional Plus License.

But you are not clear. Read the EULAs!

I hope you don't mind sharing that popcorn, Robin. I like a good laugh now and again.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, enough popcorn to go around, I'm sure.

Lol, the EULA's say that P3D is not for entertainment... their forum's certainly are... :p0305:He%20He.gif

:p0503:

Has anyone seen Alain lately?   :P

Out buying more popcorn?

Sorry, I just could not resist that! :rofl:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Chris, enough popcorn to go around, I'm sure.

Lol, the EULA's say that P3D is not for entertainment... their forum's certainly are... :p0305:He%20He.gif

:p0503:

Out buying more popcorn?

Sorry, I just could not resist that! :rofl:

Frooglesim has done a really good video on licensing if you haven't read the P3D website.

Fooglesim hasn't read the EULAs