Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

SID waypoints

Can anyone explain why some SID waypoints on PFPX and the FMS database is different from the actuall chart? You get some waypoints like D242H, D346T ?

Vernon Howells

Those sound like VOR radial/distance waypoints such as D242H could be r242 8d (H=8, T=20 etc).  You can usually decipher the waypoints by reading the procedure's narrative but without a SID reference it's anybody's guess.  More info please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ah sorry checkout GOSAM1C EGPH RWY24

Its not just that SID, its pretty much all of them.

Vernon Howells

Can anyone explain why some SID waypoints on PFPX and the FMS database is different from the actuall chart? You get some waypoints like D242H, D346T ?

My bet is that they're the non-named waypoints on the procedure. Looks like there are a lot of DME-based non-fixes in there, and the two programs are simply using different terminology to display them. I'm not sure what PFPX uses, but I believe we use the ARINC424 standard.

So, D242H would be, as Dan mentioned, radial 242 at 8 DME.

See here for more info on ARINC424:

https://www.uasc.com/documents/support/WaypointNamingConventions.pdf

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys! Something new i have learn't today :) but if you look at GOSAM1C SID 242 only goes far as D4.5 ITH not D8 ?

Vernon Howells

but if you look at GOSAM1C SID 242 only goes far as D4.5 ITH not D8 ?

Don't know what to tell you. If you see an error in the nav data, tell the people who make the nav data.

Kyle Rodgers